World Street Nationals,fast cars!!!!!!

inkcushion

I need parts to go fast
I've got pics of world street nationals that took place here in orl. this weekend I will get them up tomm. there were some really fast cars in the drag radial class,one of Cal Hartlines built mustangs went 8.29 at 178mph,I think that was the correct speed or it was 174,cant remember for sure but I will post a link to the pics with more detailsas soon as I can. ........ Alan

Originally posted by inkcushion
I've got pics of world street nationals that took place here in orl. this weekend I will get them up tomm. there were some really fast cars in the drag radial class,one of Cal Hartlines built mustangs went 8.29 at 178mph,I think that was the correct speed or it was 174,cant remember for sure but I will post a link to the pics with more detailsas soon as I can. ........ Alan
How did some of our Buick guys do? Cal, Dave and Tony in particular?

Originally posted by inkcushion

That Red Mustang Belongs to Mike Dees. That qualifying pass on Saturday was a 8.29@174 :eek: The record for drag radials is currently held by that supra, at 8.24.

The first round Mike blew up the tranny, on the way to what looked like it would have been a record run.

Waiting on news from Cal as to what happened to his car, and also how Scott with the Green 91mm Turbo mustang did, since he was still in the hunt when the show got rained out last night. They decided to start at 8am this morning to finish up.

I did talk to Tony last night as well, but I don't remember what he said as far as his time. Long weekend, sorry. :(

My car cracked a piston. I believe it was fatigued from a previous incident. The tune up was dead-on, everyone that looked at it, said it was a bad piston.

Scott's car lost in the Finals to the Mustang from California. What a great weekend. I hope some of you guys can make it to Reynolds in 3 weeks. I plan on being the first GN in the 8's on DR's

Originally posted by HighPSI
My car cracked a piston. I believe it was fatigued from a previous incident. The tune up was dead-on, everyone that looked at it, said it was a bad piston.

Scott's car lost in the Finals to the Mustang from California. What a great weekend. I hope some of you guys can make it to Reynolds in 3 weeks. I plan on being the first GN in the 8's on DR's
Cal,

How did Tony and Cal do?

Dave Fiscus couldn't make it and Tony and Bob (his engine builder) came down to spectate. I don't see either of them putting a radial on their cars. Tony will also need to get a parachute.

Dave Fiscus couldn't make it and Tony and Bob (his engine builder) came down to spectate. I don't see either of them putting a radial on their cars. Tony will also need to get a parachute.
Oh, when I got an email from Tony that he and Bobby were going down I assumed it was to race.

Yeah Scott's car (ford powered) lost to a CHEVY powered Rustang of course in the final. What a great show, i caught the finals on my way to the airport to come home.;) Frank

Man, that place after 11 yrs has just about outgrown the facility. 4 32 car fields and I heard one class had 65 cars show up to qualify :eek: I left on Sunday after the silver nova crashed into the guardrail and it started to sprinkle. That was 5:30pm and they were only about 1/2 way thru the 2nd round :eek:.

Always a great showing and definitely some badarse turbo cars there. They left the line slower than the N2O and blown cars but man they had a top end charge that was killer. I liked the 604 cu.in. twin turbo chevelle that was at #27 but he went out 1st round. It had 604 emblems on the fenders and I just had to ask him if it was that big, it was. I think thats the biggest cu.in. twin machine I've seen. The nitrous cars were also doing well holding their own. They do seem to be a little lax on the rules but its still damn impressive to see a "street" car run 7.24 @ 199 on a 10.5w slick and what was it 8.36 on a bfg drag radial..man, thats gettin it...Its pretty funny when you see a 33x10.5w slick where the buldges in the tire from side to side are as wide as the contact patch :eek:

I think the NMCA is doing the street car class the right was w/ their rules of having the stock frame rails in stock locations and a 28x10.5 slick and no tube chassis....thats a street car.

Anyway, always a killer even they just need to start much eariler every day. And you better get there EARLY on staurday, as the line on 50 was at least 3/4 mile long on the side of the road!!!!

Here are the results if your interested:
http://www.speedworlddragway.com/StreetnationalsResults03.html

P.S. I hear there's gonna be a killer street car race in Huntsville Nov 1 and 2 which I'll probably try and go to.

Yeah the drag radial class is probably the one that had 65 cars show up to qualify....... The bump to qualify in the DR class this year as I remember it was a 9.27 and last year it was around a 9.60-9.50 from what I was told so that just goes to show you that this class is only getting better with many more fast cars showing up to race...... I still think those idiots should have gotten the track dry late that night after the rain stopped or they should have started the racing earlier like around 8 or 9 am in the morning...... Oh well it was a good event even though I wish I could have seen the rest of eliminations:(

I plan on being the first GN in the 8's on DR's [/B]

Cal,

You can do it, you can do it all night long!!!!

Not to mention on a stock rear bolt on suspension :eek: :eek: I looked under Cal's car and was pretty shocked to see stock location arms on it and running as fast as he does...Its really amazing what the stock chassis can do especially when the instant center is behind the car and underground.

Put it to'em Cal :cool: