Worlds fastest street car for sale.

Crazy money! Imagine how many nice cars you could build for that. Sort of weird that Rod himself isn't selling it??? He has built many wild cars over the years, remember pushing his 69 Camaro pro street car at the Street Machine Nationals at Syracuse NY when he was having problems with the fuel injection.

Crazy money! Imagine how many nice cars you could build for that. Sort of weird that Rod himself isn't selling it??? He has built many wild cars over the years, remember pushing his 69 Camaro pro street car at the Street Machine Nationals at Syracuse NY when he was having problems with the fuel injection.
HAHA Mark, you dont know the half of it. He came to Canfield OH or Hamburg NY every year boasting about how fast his 57 Vette was. Lightest car with the biggest engine, he always said. Well one year...without him knowing the local radio station rented Quaker City Dragway for Saturday night to have the CD106 Super Drags at the Super Nats.
Well Rod always claimed his car ran 8's, but media coverage back then was nothing like today...with Facebook and forums and texting, or Youtube so no one had really seen it. He got slammed as soon as he showed up. "Are you gonna run an 8 at Quaker????" He was like...what??? Well I dont think he had any way to get out of going, so every one of us went to watch. He made 2 runs, both in the 9's. It was fast as hell for those days. The biggest street tire that hooked was an M&H Racemaster 31x18. A bunch of us were in the stands watching. Finally Mike Ogilvie from Canada said...I bet I can run a 9. ( Do you remember his car Mark? The black with graphics 82 Dodge Rampage with the blown 440 and fuel inj and the HUGE WING??? His personal plate read RUNS 9's) Go for it we said. Well here he goes...he had to tech and borrow a helmet and all kinds of crap. Well he had just added the blower and inj so he did not know what he would run. He had been low 10's with a tunnelram and 2 carbs. He blasted the tires off the first run and went 10.8 or something like that. Went back to the pits and if I remember right...borrowed a set of tires from another guy from the show who weekend raced. Next pass...9.6. Changed the angle of his wing and lowered the air pressure and Im remembering a 9.3 his last pass.
Next day at the show...His car has 10x more people surrounding it the Rod's and everyones asking if he's going to try for the title "Fastest Street car"???
Mike is so laid back, he never really answered. Later that same summer in a magazine article about Rod's Vette...the title was "Fastest Street Car in America"
Mike showed up to the Street Machine Nats East in Hamburg NY in late August with a new plate...RUNS 8's!!! His car had a sticker that said..."The Fastest Street Car in Canada or the World" We laughed sooo hard.
I sure do miss those days. PRO STREET cars were soooo cool...no matter how fast they were.
Mike never did compete and Rod got his Vette into the 7's eventually. It was fast as Hell.

An Elephant And Monkey Are Walking Through The Jungle When The Elephant Falls In A Big Hole.

The Elephant Yells Up To The Monkey "Get Me Out Of Here"!!!

The Monkey Thinks About It And Say's "Hold On I Will Run Home And Get My Corvette And Pull You Out...."

The Monkey comes back and uses his Corvette to pull the Lion out of the hole.

The Next Day They Are Walking Through The Jungle And The Monkey Falls In The Hole.

The Monkey Yells Up To The Elephant "Get Me Out Of Here!"

The Elephant Repllies "OK, I Will Drop My Shlong Down In The Hole And You Shimmy On Up And We Will Be On Our Way."

The Monkey did as he was told and the Lion got him out of the hole.............

Later In The Week, The Monkey And Elephant Were Walking Through The Jungle And The Monkey Say's "What The Hell Is The Moral Of This Story"?

The Elephant Say's "If Ya Got A Big Shlong You Dont Need A Corvette...."

:D:D:D

Horrid paint scheme that looks like it's straight off the cover of MiniTruckin' Magazine circa 1995. No way in hell I'd spend that kind of coin on it. Still a bad ass car, though.

Coach, I remember that Rampage, lots of sick cars were at the Canfield shows. Dobbertin, Saboury, Matt Hay, Troy Trepanier were all my idols back then. Never built a car up to their standards but was happy with how my 66 Chevelle turned out. Not putting down this car at all but don't see anyone paying that kind of money for it but guess there is an ass for every seat. My favorite Saboury car was his first 63 split window, the black one with red/blue graphics. If I remember correctly he bought a perfect Bloomington Gold award winner and cut it up to make a pro street car, lots of Vette purists were outraged. His 69 Camaro was also a favorite. At least he didn't go off the deep end like Dobbertin did with that J2000 Pontiac.

Probably my favorite of them all was Brian Becker's 68 Cutlass with the flip nose and chrome EVERYTHING!!! That candy blue paint and 12 color graphics would still turn heads today. It was very tasteful and did not "date" the car to a period in time. He could still win Cabo Hall or Goodguys with it today.
Rick's J2000 was just stupid sick!!! The engineering process alone was more then anyone could afford to spend...let alone actually build it.

Sweet ass car!! But for that price I would buy tons more stuff. You could build anything you have ever dreamed of with that kinda cash. -.-

doesn't a Bugati Veyron go faster? by, like, a lot?

this might be the quickest, but not the fastest..

doesn't a Bugati Veyron go faster? by, like, a lot?

this might be the quickest, but not the fastest..
Your totally missing it. If this car was geared like a Bugati...it would easily have enough horsepower to go 300+.
If you want a killer street car that is totally under the radar...look at the Volkwagon GTI W12 concept. If they build it, it will be about $80000. It goes 0-60 in 3.6sec, makes 650 all wheel horsepower and top speed of 202. It also handles better then a WRX or EVO and isnt much bigger, but wider. It is a killer engineered car.