Worst Saturday I've had in long time

richardv6

think wristpin seized up broke eagle rod rod. All this happened in driveway. Not a good day. :cry: Anyone have a 6 inch eagle rod?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I doubt a wristpin did that...

...but how's the cylinder and piston?

Last edited:
Sorry ,that makes me sick to look at.At least there was no toll bill ! probably a mess on the drive way

I doubt a wristpin did that...

...but how's the cylinder and piston?

I had the car in my shop a couple weeks ago building a downpipe and other little bits. While It was there I changed the oil and it had zero trash in the oil other than excess fuel from a previous stuck injector. Richard thinks it has maybe 500 miles on it before he got it and the most he and I had done was move it in and out of the trailer. It broke while he was spooling the turbo against the footbrake. What's left of the pin/rod/piston is seized up. What else could cause it to break a rod like that? It certainly didn't brake from too much power or rpm. I supposed there could have been a major flaw inside the rod, but even then it shouldn't have broken with almost no load unless the wrist pin was locked up.

I hate this for Richard because it's a really slick car with lots of potential and a really cool set of iron 14 bolt production style heads on it. It killed a like new 4.1 off center stage 2 block and frustrated the heck out of him.

Well, I hate to see that. Anything salvageable?
I want to say things but can't come up with anything without sounding crass. Keep moving forward. Hot Rods break. Just gotta fix em and run em hard again. No gaurantees on racing parts I guess.
Hate to hear he is frustrated. Crack a coldie and break out the tools.
Good Luck.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

What would cause it to stick? Rocking in the bore. Clearance too tight. Pin too far from the ring pack. Expand on it so we can all learn something from Richards very expensive unfortunate event.