WOT Fuel Pressure

I can't speak for others,but I'm not saying that I think his filter is plugged with debris. I'm saying that installing a new Perolator fuel filter on a good running turbo Regal will create a great amount of restriction in the fuel supply line. If you're making enough power that this filter becomes a problem,replacing it with a new or used AC Delco will remove the restriction and allow a greater volume of fuel to move through the fuel supply line restoring the lost pressure and volume.
The fuel system is orifice limited to the connection primarily at the feed line where the steel line connects to the hose near the crossmember. Also the outlet of the sender, the inlet and outlets of the filter, and the inlet to the fuel fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the max injector open time and RPM you are running? I highly doubt the fuel filter is the problem. I've worked on hundreds of these cars over the years and have only seen a few filters that were plugged. Plugged because the tank was rotted internally. Pump, proper connections on the pump hanger (submersible fuel injection hose) proper grounding of the pump, non kinked factory lines, proper alternator output, clean injectors, and accurate measuring equipment as Brent mentioned above.

Well I guess I'm screwed because I don't have the "acurate measuring equipment". I am the original owner of this car. My OCT Monitor 4000e has served me well throughout the years, and I haven't blown anything up yet.
My car only runs high elevens/ low twelves. Maybe it could go faster, but I can beat most cars that challenge me on the street. I'm happy with it and that's all that matters.

The fuel system is orifice limited to the connection primarily at the feed line where the steel line connects to the hose near the crossmember. Also the outlet of the sender, the inlet and outlets of the filter, and the inlet to the fuel fail.

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

What is your current level of modification?
1986 Regal T-Type
Original owner
134,000 miles and counting
Engine rebuilt by Jack Laswell of JL Enterprises
SMC Alky Injection
Acufab adjustable fuel pressure regulator
3" MAF Sensor from Impala SS LTI with Translator
TA 49 turbo
Walbro 340 fuel pump
Hot wire kit
Red's volt booster (because I don't how to disconnect it)
Conley's knock detector
3" downpipe
2 1/2 exhaust with Hooker Aerochamber Mufflers
RJC Boost Controller
Eric's alky chip
TA 235/60/15 drag radials
Kenne Bell fuel pressure gauge
Hurst line lock
Aluminum radiator made by ?
Tinman Cold Air System
160 degree stat
I tune with a OTC Monitor 4000e
What is your current level of modification?

I mean no disrespect. All I'm saying is that I'm not trying to tune to the nth degree. Good enough is good enough for me. I'm just trying to keep up or beat the current crop of hi performance cars. Not compete in TSO, TSM, Super 16, or anything else.

"acurate measuring equipment"
You're probably chasing after a problem that doesn't exist. Bump it to 16v and see if it changes. I bet it doesn't.
*efit. Just re-read. With the volt booster and a single in tank 340 you should be good to at least 10.60 if there are no links or in tank leakage. I had one car over 600whp with a single 340 at 16v and single nozzle methanol.

I'm saying the filter isn't going to matter at all with the other major restrictions of the factory fuel lines. I'd bet any stock replacement filter could flow well beyond the factory feed line

You're probably chasing after a problem that doesn't exist. Bump it to 16v and see if it changes. I bet it doesn't

You know what? I agree with you. I'm just going to follow the advice of Lawrence Conley many moons ago: "Make sure your fuel pressure doesn't fall off in 3rd gear at WOT."

You know what? I agree with you. I'm just going to follow the advice of Lawrence Conley many moons ago: "Make sure your fuel pressure doesn't fall off in 3rd gear at WOT."
Yup. This is exactly why i am a big fan of aftermarket ecu that have fuel pressure correction capabilities. Just one more safeguard for the engine. It's hard squinting at a fuel pressure gauge readout while going 100+mph. When in doubt on a pump replace it. Poor grounding is very common on the pumps. The ground should at least be extended to the engine block of not a junction that's hooked directly to the battery.

I'm saying the filter isn't going to matter at all with the other major restrictions of the factory fuel lines. I'd bet any stock replacement filter could flow well beyond the factory feed line

Red Armstrong sends gasoline to his 1,000 hp engine through the stock unmodified fuel lines and an AC Delco Fuel filter. In his testing years ago,he noted that the fuel filter was the biggest restriction in the feed line. He told me that the AC Delco filter is a slightly greater restriction than the feed line itself and that every other fuel filter that he tested created more restriction and some were extremely restrictive. When he told me about this,he also recommended that I replace my new Perolator fuel filter with a new AC Delco filter. This was his diagnosis when I sought his help for a fuel delivery problem I was having about 6 years ago. My WOT pressure was 6 lbs less than what it should have been. I replaced my new Perolator fuel filter with a new AC Delco filter and my fuel delivery problem was no more.

I supply my E85 engine with the same amount of fuel that a 920 hp gasoline engine would need through the unmodified stock fuel lines and an AC Delco fuel filter.

Lol. I knew the Red A 1000hp would pop up. Some can get 1000+hp through stock lines and some can't get 800hp through no matter what voltage they run. My slower car (9.50 power) runs through stock fuel lines with a non AC delco filter. Might even be a Purolator. 100% DC with 3145 injectors and no pressure problems whatsoever 83psi fuel pressure with 34psi manifold pressure. I am sending 16v to the pumps. Other cars can't even come close to that. I never bothered to measure every stock fuel line I've removed but I know for sure some were better in the restrictive areas than others and you surely wouldn't know unless you measured the ones in your car. Not to mention the cars are 30 years old and most beat to hell. I'd also put money on checking AC filter flow. Some are probably better than others. If you're serious about going fast and want a reliable fuel system you likely wouldn't be too serious about running through the stock fuel lines. Do you think this would work in Red's car at 1000hp?
3d22104d518b76727fd08498bf291704.jpg
daa964c1cf8abfb2cf6c7946288310e3.jpg
26a54f4ec69647089f6296c45d6c3dee.jpg

Red Armstrong sends gasoline to his 1,000 hp engine through the stock unmodified fuel lines and an AC Delco Fuel filter. In his testing years ago,he noted that the fuel filter was the biggest restriction in the feed line. He told me that the AC Delco filter is a slightly greater restriction than the feed line itself and that every other fuel filter that he tested created more restriction and some were extremely restrictive. When he told me about this,he also recommended that I replace my new Perolator fuel filter with a new AC Delco filter. This was his diagnosis when I sought his help for a fuel delivery problem I was having about 6 years ago. My WOT pressure was 6 lbs less than what it should have been. I replaced my new Perolator fuel filter with a new AC Delco filter and my fuel delivery problem was no more.

I supply my E85 engine with the same amount of fuel that a 920 hp gasoline engine would need through the unmodified stock fuel lines and an AC Delco fuel filter.
That's good enough for me! I'm old school (67 years old school). Red has helped more people go fast than Carter has liver pills. The only thing I don't like about him is that he's a genius and I'm not.

That's good enough for me! I'm old school (67 years old school). Red has helped more people go fast than Carter has liver pills. The only thing I don't like about him is that he's a genius and I'm not.
Btw, I'm bowing out of this thread. It has become too much of a pissing contest.

If you decide to get a new fuel pump look on arizonagn.com. he has a great setup and new wiring to support the correct voltage. I have one works great