Would it be sacrilege....

Beast_TR

To have the interior of a GN done in leather? I have been kicking the idea around and searching and asking around local upholstery shops the factory material is not easy to come by so going for as close to a stock interior is not looking likely. I also think that Buick kinda dropped the ball by not having leather as an option in the car in the first place, I mean common it was Buick's Vette killer and being a luxury brand it should of had some luxury items available.

If I did go through with it though the seats would be identical with the two-tone and power six in the headrest so it won't be like I am changing much. I just think it would look nice, be comfortable to drive in, and hold up better than the fabric and if something does spill on it then it would clean up better. So what are the thoughts of the Buick crowd?

Hey! I'm big on sacrilege :cool: ... go for it, in fact, be different. Get all black instead of two tone.

Guess I do need to look around more haha! That is exactly what I am looking for!

Red Regal T, I would, but I think the two tone is what makes the interior on these cars.

A good friend of mine did interior in her dads airplane. She used ultra leather. This stuff was soft as a babys bottom and more durable that regular leather. I wish I could get my limited seats made with that stuff. That jax kit looks nice.The two tone only. The all gray does not look right.But thats my opinion.

I like my leather interior much better ... but that's just MY opinion. :biggrin:

Attachments

• GN interior 2.jpg
    GN interior 2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 238
seat styles

how many different versions of bucket seat do these thing have not color but style, photos please I guess 87 is diff than 84-86 which is diff from 82-83 can we get some photos of all the styles
that last set of leathers was different from what Ive seen but was nice even all gray would just like to see all the styles see what I'am missing:eek:
GN and TTypes buckets a little help please

how many different versions of bucket seat do these thing have not color but style, photos please I guess 87 is diff than 84-86 which is diff from 82-83 can we get some photos of all the styles
that last set of leathers was different from what Ive seen but was nice even all gray would just like to see all the styles see what I'am missing:eek:
GN and TTypes buckets a little help please

:biggrin: Those seats are out of a Buick Park Avenue. My pristine, but uncomfortable, two-tone GN seats are sitting on a shelf taking up space. I'm thinking about selling the set, both power fronts, for around the price of leather seat covers, but don't feel like unpacking them and shooting photos.

:biggrin: Those seats are out of a Buick Park Avenue. My pristine, but uncomfortable, two-tone GN seats are sitting on a shelf taking up space. I'm thinking about selling the set, both power fronts, for around the price of leather seat covers, but don't feel like unpacking them and shooting photos.

If you decide to let them go let me know!

I bet those seats are like sitting in a lazy boy recliner, add some seat warmers and I bet you could go for miles in those things!

If you decide to let them go let me know!

I have been seriously thinking about letting them go, for $850, :eek: to my way of thinking, a complete setup with both seats power, for the price of seat covers, but I've been really busy with my El Camino turbo V-6 conversion. They're pretty nice, as I recall. I haven't seen them in years. They're all wrapped up and stored in a loft of sorts, so taking them down to take photos will be a pain, but I can be coaxed. :biggrin:

I have been seriously thinking about letting them go, for $850, :eek: to my way of thinking, a complete setup with both seats power, for the price of seat covers, but I've been really busy with my El Camino turbo V-6 conversion. They're pretty nice, as I recall. I haven't seen them in years. They're all wrapped up and stored in a loft of sorts, so taking them down to take photos will be a pain, but I can be coaxed. :biggrin:

I really only need to re cover fronts back seat is new. But if yours are really nice i will take them. I bought leather kit and it is very nice but i want to keep it original.

Im gonna try the leather kits from Jaxs also. Hopefully I wont get raped at the resto shop and I come in under budget! If im not mistaken they are running a special where you get the leather kit along with the headliner and carpet for 975.00