Wow! Got banned from Thirdgen.org for sticking up for TTA

Apparantly the "moderator" on the Thirdgen.org board went on a tangent and started mouthing off "ignorant" opinions on his "anti-Turbo T/A" crusade and got a bunch of those L98 guys jumping on the band wagon. I keep my replies passionate...but based on facts---to the point of quoting actual magazine articles (car and driver, Automobile, Motor Trend) on REAL WORLD performance numbers...not the usual "overestimation" of L98 performance numbers. Apparantly the "moderator" thought I was being arguementive...but I really think the reason I was banned was due to the fact that I made him look ignorant and sabataged his "anti-TTA" crusade. For those that are interested in the juicy details check out the post in the message group: THirdgen.org>History & Restoration>the "Desirability" post.

P.S. I always thought that the spirit of the internet was based on free speech and free expression of ideas! Only spamming/abuse/user obscenity/trashing others personally. THIRDGEN.ORG does not represent ALL 3rd gen owners. Obviously they have moderators "DREW" that have their own agenda and abuse their authority as moderators to extinguish all opinion that might be contrary to their own. Drew found it in his heart to permanately BAN 3 TTA owners...talk about Internet NAZISM.

Just an opinion.

Almost forgot

I WAS logged in as 70Firebird. TTA850 was the only one that backed me up===not sure if he got banned also :(

Originally posted by 70Firebird/TTA

I unsub'd from there Thurs, and that was after being there since about the start.

Your right, MOST of the moderators there are in a click, and well when you worry about popularity and kewl then you don't have to make sense.

I figure the net is about ready to go critical mass on stupidity anyway. Most all the lists are falling in actual Tech content.
Just post anything that provokes thought and watch what happens.

Many of us got banned a long time ago about chiming in on the TTA. They don't like the little V6 beating the crap out of the mighty tuned port so they do the best they can do. Deny it and ban you so you can't reply anymore.

I would have to agree with you...I have the feeling that only 30% of the Thirdgen.org posters have ever turned a wrench in their life. I am not an authority...but at least I own a TTA AND a IROC L98 and work on my own cars.

I recall a post I made a while back outlining the old hot rod trick of throwing 305 heads on a 350 (TPI was engineered for flow potential of a 305 anyways?) and how this might result in superior 60 ft times. In reply I was told that I "Must have been dropped on my head at birth". :p

I love the "Anti TTA" arguements that were provided...
1.) TTAs aren't that great...there are so many of them. Huh?
2.) TTA mystique was killed when I saw 2 of them at a car show. Duh?
3.) TTAs are bland.
4.) TTAs gold trim is gaudy...like the late 70s "Disco" Z-28.
5.) I can have a cam installed for $300 and have my L98 compete with the turbo in the 13s? How about the lifters? Can I spend $300 on my TTA and have it run 8s??? What mechanic is going to do a major job like that for $300?
6.) Performance isn't EVERYTHING ....why would I want a TTA when I can settle for a cool LG-4?
7.) I would never buy a TTA because I hate the tan interior.

****It seems that the L98 crowd is stuck on the old adadge that "no sub for cubic inches"... They can't accept the fact that the "worse TTA" can blast their charished 350 out of the water 10 out of 10 times...their denial would lead to 10 different excuses why their L98 upgrades didn't function properly. No meaning to do a psychoanalysis of the situation...but I think that these knuckleheads are suffering from a "love/hate" phenomenon...the more you want something (love)..the more you hate it because it'snot attainable (can't afford it!). Jealousy can probably be a factor here also.

And FInally I might have been guilty of informing on the "FACTS" that the Late 80s/early 90s 5spd Ford Mustang LX was a quicker car in almost every test...when compared to the "mighty L98". The "Size does matter" fixated moderator could deal with this inconsistancy. Hope you got a laugh from this.

Just for the heck of it I surfed over there and read the thread. All I can say is that ignorance is bliss. It is simply a "my dog is better than your dog" war that was started by the moderator, perpetuated by the moderator's heavy handed fingers on the delete button. It appears as though the moderator owns the site and can do what he pleases. Thank god our moderators over here have alot more class.

That is a third gen site, correct? I would think they would love ALL 3rd gens, not just the cars they happen to own. To me, that would be like us saying we don't like Turbo Limited's because they are too "cushy". Or better yet, we don't like GNX's because they all look the same. What a bunch of babies. That moderator seems like a real ass, "This is my site, I'll do what I want." Go hang with the ricers.:mad:

Unfortunately I have witnessed a few self proclaimed car lovers...in reality only love their stuff or brand. Kind of reminds me of the Rain Man movie were the autistic guy could only see himself wearing "fruit of the loom underwear"...purchased at K-Mart. Ramone was autistic...what's there excuse?

Most of us I am sure can appreciate other people's rides for their significance in automotive history
i.e.
Boss 302, 351, 429, Mach 1s...eventhough I am not a Mustang guy.

Old school muscle: GTOs, Chevelles, 442s, Transams/Formulas Firebirds 69-81, Mopar Hemi/440/wedge

Jaguars, BMWs M3/ M5s, Corvette, Ferrari, Maserati, Lambo, Viper technology...eventhough they aren't my cup of tea and within my income price range.

Custom Rods...with flames eventhough the flames aren't my taste...They are works of art.

Finally early 90s LT-1/LS-1 esp...for turning the tables on the Mustang...(even though I am not crazy for the 4rth gen body styling.)

The moderator probably takes his ride to the local car show and "sits in" the vehicle to make 100% sure that no one leaves finger prints. Besides he wouldn't have to leave his vehicle at the show because everyone knows that his ride is the Kind of the Hill :rolleyes:

I don't appear to be banned but who knows - I hope not cause I like looking over and talking to guys in the power adder section,which happens to contains some pretty fast turbo/supercharged cars(like a 1200hp pumpgas twin turbo 427 small block)

Anyway,I think the problem is,like you said,that they only appreciate their cars and have the attitude that if it doesnt have a V8 then it's not a fast car or worth having.Personally I think most of the V8 F-Bodies are just noisy and slow but I'll give them credit for what they are - and not knock what they can do but people should be realistic with their claims.

I've personally owned more than a dozen L98 and LB9 GTA's and none have ever gotten close to 14.2 bone stock - hell if it went 14's at all it was pure luck on a perfect day.

Anyway,enough rambling from me - BTW Drew does not own that board he is just a moderator on a power trip.If you'd like to complain speak to Dirk,as he owns/runs the board.

Steve

I got banned a while ago by Drew. He s tarted sending me e-mails at work and calling me a troll. I should have kept these so all the TTA owners can file a class action suit against him. I know it's his board but there are some laws that he is breaking. If anyone wants to persue this, I will be available to testify.

TTA850, can you send the owner of the board an e-mail stating what is going on and see if anything can be done.

Pete

Originally posted by TTA850
I've personally owned more than a dozen L98 and LB9 GTA's and none have ever gotten close to 14.2 bone stock - hell if it went 14's at all it was pure luck on a perfect day.
Steve

My 1991 Z28 L98 went 14.26 @ 97.xx mph almost all stock. I had 2 K&N filters and the throttle body airfoil. Everything else was stock including the chip. My friend's 1989 GTA L98 went 14.34 100% stock (original plugs and wires too I think). Both cars were run at New England Dragway in Epping, NH. Pump gas and 245/50 regular street tires.

This is just an FYI. This is not to start a war. I just wanted to let you guys know some V8 thirdgens out there were quick from the factory. Now I sold both of my L98 cars and got the GN and the TTA and my buddy is getting ready to sell 2-3 of his L98 cars to buy a TTA and possibly a Typhoon, so you guys know we figured out which thirdgens really are the best.:D

20-psi

Really...he is hassling you??
My career is in network computer security (lots of toys and nasty treats at my disposal ) and my "ethical" self control was getting the better of me. News of this weirdo hassling TTA members, not to mention himself being a mental "minion"...well...my ethical threashold is beginning to wear thin...if you know what I mean?

Back when Drew first acted up on us TTA owners a while ago, I did some research. I have his home address and phone number if anyone wants it ehehe ;)

Opps!!!

Registrant:
Third Generation F-Bodies (THIRDGEN-DOM)
7371 E. 19th St.
Tucson, AZ 85710
US

Domain Name: THIRDGEN.ORG

Administrative Contact:
Timmermann, Dirk (DT3290) dtimmerm@PHARMACY.ARIZONA.EDU
Third Generation F-Bodies
7371 E. 19th St.
Tucson, AZ 85710
US
(520)626-4969
Technical Contact:
Third Generation F-Bodies (20385375O) dtimmerm@PHARMACY.ARIZONA.EDU
Third Generation F-Bodies
7371 E. 19th St.
Tucson, AZ 85710
US
(520)626-4969 fax: 999-999-9999

Record expires on 07-Jan-2003.
Record created on 06-Jan-1998.
Database last updated on 9-Sep-2002 16:15:22 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

DNS.THIRDGEN.ORG 128.196.116.28
DNS1.CLASSICHORROR.ORG 128.196.116.21

I am reading and laughing....

I recall when he joined the Topica list and went nut job, it was right after September 11 last year. All because the TTA came up on his board. To be honest I was surprised there was still some TTA folks hanging out over there.

Brent

Hate to say it (down to Drew's level)...but if had a job "filling perscriptions"...I would probably hate the world and go on a power trip myself ;)

Counting those little colored pills must be a real challenge for such a inadequate mind. Food for thought----have you ever wondered the quality of labor Pharmacies hire to fill your perscriptions. You better double check with your doctor before you take your next perscription medicine...you never know.

87 GN
To get a 14.2, 14.3 in the 1/4 mile stock...you must have been speed shifting 1,2,3 or major power breaking it to get numbers that low. Off the line in "D" my L98 has never gotten better than 14.7...and that's with flowmaster muffler, hi po cat, K/Ns, Screenless Maf, Rapid fire plugs, adv timing by 4 degrees---difference of my upgrades offset by myself not being a pro driver to compare with magazine times. My LB9 AOD (daily driver) was a 15:8 in the 1/4 mile....but if I speed shifted the car I could cut out more than a 1/2 sec off that. If I speed shift the TTA and start off in 1st gear...I would no doubt do noticably better than 13.1-13.2...

No war here....just good ole fashion debate...something our buddy in Thirdgen.org doesn't support :(

I got banned to. They only like what they have. The L98 guys go on the V6 board and trash them often. I got Banned for defending the V6 and telling the V8 owners to shut up or talk some smack to me.
Then they would say I didnt have a true V6 and my car was different. Well no **** dumbass, but its still a V6.

Originally posted by 70Firebird/TTA
87 GN
To get a 14.2, 14.3 in the 1/4 mile stock...you must have been speed shifting 1,2,3 or major power breaking it to get numbers that low. Off the line in "D" my L98 has never gotten better than 14.7...and that's with flowmaster muffler, hi po cat, K/Ns, Screenless Maf, Rapid fire plugs, adv timing by 4 degrees---difference of my upgrades offset by myself not being a pro driver to compare with magazine times.
No war here....just good ole fashion debate...something our buddy in Thirdgen.org doesn't support :(

To be honest I do not know what 'speed shifting' is. I employed the old stab and steer technique. Put it in 'D' and go! If I power braked it I would spin the tires being a TPI car it had a lot of low end torque. Remember mine was a 1991 Z28 so this was speed density and not MAF and these were quicker than the other L98 cars. My buddy's 1989 GTA though is a 350 TPI MAF car and I saw the 14.3 run with my own eyes. The car had around 28,000 original miles when he ran it and believe me it was 100% stock. Not starting a war here but I give credit where credit is due and my stock Z28 was faster than my stock GN. Now we all know what cars I kept as I like my LC2s better but not all of the L98 cars were dogs from the factory.