WTB: Nice Limited

ALBERTAN

Resident Window Licker
Just as the title says. I am looking for a 1987 Buick Limited. I've been interested in acquiring one of the 1035 for a few years now. I got out of the scene for a bit, but have recently had more time to devote to the hobby. I also just sold my ex-daily driver turbo T, so I have a little room. I'm still learning the intricasies of the Limiteds, but I have a pretty good idea what I want...I'm just not sure if its out there. I may settle on the nicest of what I can stir up over the next month or so and then just sit on it until something nicer comes along. FWIW, I'm looking to wind up with an unmodded show car that is bone stock. I'll return the right lightly modded car to that condition with parts I have access to, or I'll buy a low mileage trailer queen if one comes up. Don't be afraid to let me know what you have, although in truth I'm leaning towards the cream of the crop. I also have the cash in hand for the right car. I have purchased cars from both eBay (my TTA) and this board (the Turbo T) previously. Thanks.

P.S. - Please PM me, including mileage, history, a picture of the RPO sticker, and pictures of the undercarriage, as well as the usual pictures. Thanks again. :)

I'm going to the bank tomorrow to convert some Canadian dollars to $30,000 USD while the exchange rate is good. The money is waiting for the right car. :cool:

I have 2 very rare limiteds one must go

Dean last night I did a search for how many limiteds I could find advertised in the US this was the kind of search I use to do daily when I was looking for my limited ....... well after looking at all the forums ,ebay, craigslist And as many newspapers online i could find including Hemmings I found exactly 8 limiteds for sale 2 are white 2 are blue one blue one not mine had leather nice car but high miles and needs resto to be perfect the 2 white ones are on this forum modded cars very clean cars the other 2 well one is on ebay and the other is a black on red car with a lot of rust issues i was gonna buy it a while ago oh an #7 is the stage 2 car in cali in this search i was able to find about 25 Ts and over 100 GNs so as you see 10 years ago there were a lot more limiteds around and for sale now those who have them most will not sell and when they come up for sale you cant be too picky if the price is right and the car is clean because they make even the GNX look common in availability good luck with your search i hope my info helped

You might want to call Jack Cotton. He has a 46,000 mile Loaded Limited with astroroof, cornering lights, factory pinstripe, landau top, etc... for sale.

so as you see 10 years ago there were a lot more limiteds around and for sale now those who have them most will not sell and when they come up for sale you cant be too picky if the price is right and the car is clean because they make even the GNX look common in availability good luck with your search i hope my info helped

slowcar I must say that was the most well put together statement I have ever see you type. You hit the nail right on the head. The ultra clean low mile Limiteds are getting impossible to find...let alone in a rare color/option combonation. As time goes on they will get rarer and rarer. Most owners who have these such cars dont want to sell...including me. You basically have to wait for the "right" one for you to pop up or as you said dont be to picky and take what is availible at the time. A GNX is easy and common to find. Jump on Ebay or grab a Hemmings and pick out the pristine low mile one you want. Theres usually 10-15 that are for sale at any given time and buy it...all it takes is money.

Dean, I pmed you back.

Funny, mine has been on ebay 3 times and still hasn't sold. I don't get it. I'd be curious to hear some of your opinions on it....It's on ebay right now for the last time. Blue one on LI. Thought for sure it would go...my only guess is high miles may be the cause.

Thanks for the kind words Acoen.

I don't get it either. The only people interested in a Limited are Turbo-Buick guys because we are educated. Most guys look at my car and say how clean and pretty it is but to them it looks like a Granny mobile.

Does'nt have the "muscle car " look of a GN.

That being said, most of us would only buy one if the price was right. Cheap.

Rare, different, fast, blah blah,. My car would be sold 10 times over if it was a GN.

I might as well keep it or give it away. I've got $8K more than I want for it invested.:(

acoen - I have talked to Mike about his car and am still considering it. The miles are a bit high for what I am looking for, but the option list on the car is amazing!

slowcar - Hi Mark. You burgundy car is nice...just not quite what I am looking for. Limited are indeed a rare breed. That's why I am looking for a nice example.

UNDER-PRESSURE - Jack's car sounds promising. I fired an e-mail off to him as I will likely be too busy at work the next few days to car him. Thanks for the heads up. It's greatly appreciated. :smile:

Limited87 - I look forward to your reply Brian. Thanks.

87GNNY - I think the paint scares people off your car. It's a nice enough car with some nice options. Personally, I'm not into the Limited's masquerading at Turbo T's, with W02 blackouts and BD1 rocker panel deletes. But I am just one buyer. :wink:

Quick6'n'-K.C. - Step away from the keyboard Bryan! Just kidding buddy. Thanks for the info on the phone the other night. :)

1 rare T - Hang in there Mike. Your car is beautiful and will sell. I'll be honest. If it was under 40,000 miles it would be on its way to Western Canada. I am sure you are aware of this, but that is one of the best optioned Limiteds to be found. You have pretty much every option on that car except an astroroof, digital dash, and the security system. If I don't buy your car I am 99% sure the car I get will not be as nicely optioned as yours. Good luck with the sale and I may be in touch again soon.

Good talking with you too, i hope you find the right car and enjoy it.

I havent checked your pm yet, just been busy.

Take it easy and buy a limited or two :biggrin:

BW

I've seen some nice Limiteds, and continue to pursue a couple. I've also come across some possibilities that are non-Limited cars. Still looking for the right car... ;)

Still looking for the right Limited. With a 2,000 mile WE4, 102 mile TTA, and a 64 mile GN floating around the 'Net, it's getting tempting to look outside the box. :(

Dean,

I got pics of Jacks (Cottons) Limited for sale. Pm me your email and ill send them off to you, looks like a sweet car!