wtf? low boost

tangofox

Here's the poop. I was playing around with getting my "Grainger" relief valve to work for boost control. I lenghtened the WG rod to keep it from over boosting. Kept shortning the valve to get the boost at a steady 17/18#. And everything seemed to be going great . (BTW, I had it set up as basic, turbo outlet-valve((ballside)) , WG). On my way home the WG rod fell off the pin due to me forgetting to put the clip on. I put the rod back on and now I only get 10# and spool is horrible. Today I put the stock set up back on and removed the valve, still only 10# and sloooow spool. I have a mild exhaust leak on the crossover pipe, but I had that prior to this debacle. Also vac gauge is reading 18/19 in/hg on it. :confused: This is driving me up a wall (slowly due to low boost:rolleyes: ) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx Guys.

i had the same problem and it turned out to be a hole in the turbo outlet hose.the hole was on the bottom of the hose where i could not see it. check all of your hoses to make sure they are tight and free of holes.i had to buy all new hoses yesterday and your problem sounds just like mine except my rod didnt come off.:D

Thanks for all the replies fellas. It appears to be my loose rod;) .
Apparently when it fell off it must have vibrated loose since it WAS working with the valve before it fell off. Took the car for a test, after shortning the WG rod and now boost is on the rise. Now I just need to tweek 'er some more. By the way, the first thing I did check was all the hoses. My next thought was intercooler:eek:

Thanks again.
Todd

Woooo Hoooo...I'm gettin' good at this diagnostic stuff. Now if I could only fix the problem after I've figured out what it is. ;)