XFI 02 went haywire this afternoon, then its ok???

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
I had an unusual issue with my 02 circuit on the XFI today. I took it for a drive since the weather was nice here. I noticed my 02 trouble light illuminated on my E-dash. So I looked at my readings that seemed quite lean (15.9) pulled over, and cleared the code. Pulled back out, light illuminated again. Making sense of the obvious lean reading I turned around (which was just in my neighborhood) and pulled into the garage. So I went through the usual suspects. Wires laying on down pipe, wires grounding out, wires disconnected, etc.. All was ok. I even looked for vacuum leaks, nothing. So Cal advised to take voltage readings. Before I took the readings I removed the sensor and looked for any soot and just cleaned it up. I looked for an unusual activity with the sensor outside of the down pipe so I turned on the ign with the sensor and the reading went immediately to 15.9. I thought this was odd.

I went into the house to pull the schematics for the 02 circuit to test the voltages to see if I could find if the 02 sensor was malfunctioning. After taking some readings that appeared normal at KOEO I started the car up and the 02 circuit started working again. WTF right?

So later this evening on a completely cold engine I turned the IGN on again. Actual A/F went to 15.9 for a second, then settled down to 14.2:1. Started the car, and 02 circuit is working fine still

It seems like it may be a bad 02 sensor?

I am looking for others that have XFI to let me know the way your 02 sensor is operating at KOEO as well as if anyone else had a sensor go bad on them, and were these symptoms similar to yours?

I dont want to be running the car and have the damn 02 sensor go out on me, would rather replace now and be safe.

Key on engine off should be 15.9 because that's the leanest it can display. If you had a device that could read actual it would be 20.9%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk