XFI help - Wideband Error

tonysmach

Any idea why I would be getting a wideband fault error? I only have about 250 miles on the XFI. Is is possible that wideband sensors go bad after only 250 miles?

have you turned off the car untill all the lights go out on the xfi then try restarting it?

have you turned off the car untill all the lights go out on the xfi then try restarting it?
Yes. Once I accelerate or rev the engine the error occurs. Cal helped me set it up last fall. He is unavailable at the TB event in N. Carolina.

You will have to datalog the wideband voltages to come to a conclusion to a possible cause. Do you have the correct sensor selected in the setup? LZA or L1h1? These conditions from the manual will set off a fault...

Wideband Fault
Engine RPM > 2000
-and-
Engine run > 10 seconds
-and-
WBO2 not connected (UEGOR > 4.90V)
-or-
WBO2 Shorted (UEGOR < 0.098V)
-or-
WBO2 not lit off (UEGOS > .07056V)
-or-
WBO2 malfunction (UEGOS < 0.196V)

Norbs, thanks for the info. following my XFI manual, it states that the Lambda symbol should be in the lower right-hand corner of the screen while communicating to ECU...and mine is. It also states that my voltage for UEGOS should be between .43 and .49....mine is 1.00. I also removed the WB sensor from downpipe, kept it connected to ECU and turned the key on but did not start the car. There was no element glowing in the end of the sensor after 30 seconds and it never got warm like the XFI manual states that it should. The UEGOR voltage is only 2.84 where the above post states it should be 4.90. My AFR reading does not change...it just stays at 14.50. I believe the evidence points to a bad WB 02 sensor. I don't think there is more than 200 miles on the sensor. I guess it is a good idea to keep a spare around. I assume FAST will replace at no cost. I will talk to Cal.

Being that your UEGOR is 2.84 means the resistor is working, you read that wrong, if its 4.90 it means the resistor is not connected. It does not matter in this instance it looks like the sensor is bad. Now going forward the fast can use the LZA sensor or the L1-h1 sensor. The L1-h1 sensor cost more than the LZA sensor and the reason is it has a higher pump current. Doing more research it seems that the lab grade sensor that cost big bucks have even a higher pump currents. How this relates to accuracy or response time I am not sure, but in sensors higher cost could relate to better accuracy I would assume?

Now going forward the fast can use the LZA sensor or the L1-h1 sensor. The L1-h1 sensor cost more than the LZA sensor and the reason is it has a higher pump current. Doing more research it seems that the lab grade sensor that cost big bucks have even a higher pump currents. How this relates to accuracy or response time I am not sure, but in sensors higher cost could relate to better accuracy I would assume?

the L2-H2 has replaced the L1-H1. Anyone have opinions on whether to spend the extra $ on the L2-H2 vs the LZA?

I purchased new wideband and still the same. My uegos stays at 1.00 and it should be between .42 and .49. Any ideas where to look to correct this?

Did you configure the right sensor in the software setup? Check all the wiring to the sensor back to ecu sometimes the pins pull back in the sensor connector and ecu , is any reading changing? Is the Lambda symbol lighting up blue?

I am having exact same problem with my xfi. Mine happened after about 10 min of first start up.. replaced wideband and same issue ...

I am having exact same problem with my xfi. Mine happened after about 10 min of first start up.. replaced wideband and same issue ...
When was your XFI made? Mine was manufactured Sept - Oct 2011. My Uegos is 1.00. This indicates that the Wideband is not properly operating except that a new wideband sensor does not fix the problem. The wire connections are good. I have the correct Wideband sensor checked in the XFI. I have the lambda signal down on the right hand corner of the screen. I will have to check to see if it is blue. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. This is very frustrating given that this is a new XFI unit and engine.

I will have to go to my shop to check... My uegos is reading real low and my lambda is in the red... Cal is going to send me new adapter to see if it fixes it.. uegos is reading 0.86 (red) wiring is also correct on mine...

Where did you get yours..
I purchased mine from Hartline. I have talked to Holly and Cal thinking it was the wideband sensor. I now think it might be the ECU but I am not sure. When you say Cal is sending you a new adapter..do you mean the Caspers GN to XFI adapter?

I found the same situation here on the FAST tech forum. I converted to PDF to help others who may have the same issue with a newly purchased XFI. Owner had to send box back to XFI to fix. This is recent.

Attachments

• wideband o2 issue - CPG Nation Forum.pdf
    367.8 KB · Views: 434
tonysmach said:
I purchased mine from Hartline. I have talked to Holly and Cal thinking it was the wideband sensor. I now think it might be the ECU but I am not sure. When you say Cal is sending you a new adapter..do you mean the Caspers GN to XFI adapter?

Yes that is what I mean... Can you post a link to the PDF. Was it a hardware or software fix