XFI Newbie: random questions

When cranking, all 8 injector lights are supposed to flash in B2B mode but yours appear erratic.
See, I'm still helping even though you didn't want to pay for tech support package ;)

If you changed the FEC to an E-85 number, that doesn't change the cranking fuel amount. That is done on pure injector pulse width. Try adding about 30-35 percent more by pulling up on the graph.

That is incorrect.

Last edited:
Do the LEDs look correct for the injectors? Not sure if all 8 should be firing since its a 6 cyl application.
When cranking, the ECU will always fire all injectors in bank-to-bank mode. It appears from video that LEDs are flashing erratically but this can also be a camera induced artifact in the video. Best bet is to log the RPM when cranking and make sure it's smooth and reasonably accurate.

If you changed the FEC to an E-85 number, that doesn't change the cranking fuel amount. That is done on pure injector pulse width. Try adding about 30-35 percent more by pulling up on the graph.

As Cal pointed out, this statement is incorrect. The FEC will indeed adjust the fuel from pulsewidth based tables (cranking fuel included) accordingly. Make sure the FEC parameter is programmed properly for the fuel you are using.

When cranking, all 8 injector lights are supposed to flash in B2B mode but yours appear erratic.
See, I'm still helping even though you didn't want to pay for tech support package ;)

That is incorrect.

I appreciate the help #truth . I really just want to get her running so she can drive onto a car trailer at minimum And get her up to you unless you make it down to Miami for dyno tuning. And mini dash install . I really don't want to try and push her onto a U haul car transport (will be a hard task)

When cranking, the ECU will always fire all injectors in bank-to-bank mode. It appears from video that LEDs are flashing erratically but this can also be a camera induced artifact in the video. Best bet is to log the RPM when cranking and make sure it's smooth and reasonably accurate.

As Cal pointed out, this statement is incorrect. The FEC will indeed adjust the fuel from pulsewidth based tables (cranking fuel included) accordingly. Make sure the FEC parameter is programmed properly for the fuel you are using.
Ops, my bad.

Thanks Cal for the support !! Car is starting now. As an update It finally ran when changing the injector siZe to half So instead of 120 xfi is set at 60 lbs. fec is at .685. Weird since it was running just fine on the modded sd chip and the injectors are 4-5 months old. But seeing how anything is possible I'm gonna try to locate a local xfi user maybe we can test another xfi box and after send my injectors to flow test .

One thing I'll say is Cals support is top notch !!

Anyone else find this xfi program be buggy.?? It's probably windows and based ): ...

Guys over at Compcams (fast) got me a tune that runs well with the right injector size :) no gremlins . trying to clarify what fuel ve changes they made . FEC is still at .68 but now 120 on the injector size as it should be. Does anyone know the best way to bring up idle afrs? ve is at 39 idling bubble and car s at 7.7 (11.4)