XFI traction control

Jeff Rand

I was wondering if the XFI traction control becomes active; can you have it trigger a CO2 parachute deployment (maybe after the car reaches a threshold speed).
Jeff

Not yet. I have been talking to them about adding another aux output based on delta driveshaft speed. Currently, I suppose you could get creative with the aux mph output.

I wish they would give us the option to program our aux output boxes like one of the other manufactures.
I need three temp controlled outputs
Tom

They have been busy developing other products and have left the XFI alone for a while. I suspect that will be changing soon :cool:

It pulls timing against a table you setup depending on hte amount of wheel spin.

There are two methods. You can use either or both. One retards timing, the other drops cylinders.

I believe the Digital MSD boxes can use a predicted RPM curve for traction control. There are many different ways to skin a cat. I am using some other things to keep things in check for the first second after I let off the brake, so I guess you could consider that traction control also even though mine is not enabled at the time. I'm pretty sure Cal is up to some tricks thinking outside the box also.

It has to be used with a driveshaft sensor. It drops ignition not injector. I wouldn't recommend using this method with a stock CCCI ignition. Just stick with dropping timing.

Like Ted posted, you can get pretty creative with traction control especially when using an AMS1000.