Xtra fuel or Alky?

turbocamino1

turboholic
DJ, say my tune is good.... almost :eek: no knock.... and i bolt on my recently purchased,ported irons with bigger valves....can the extra fuel needed, be alky? or should i add fueling thru chip, and..at what amounts of either? second issue.....i have a 9/1 motor (dont ask) and cant seem to run ANY timing..19*@26lbs. any more timing and i see 3 to 5* KR..evenwith initial at 1 and gain at 8...would love to find tune for 23/24* all i have is a 2.1scnmstr. with fast up-date. i was hoping heads may help this some. My4 year old walbro will be replaced soon...but 0/2s stay in high 7s..or so it shows.I dont take it to the track so i havent any mph #s to help, but i was wondering if this combination might warrant a 2nd nozzle? i know i should have spent the doe on a wideband or a logger but....:rolleyes: thanks.

What are your O2 readings at 26 PSI when you start seeing knock?

0/2s for the most part where high 700s...they did fluctuate down to 5s at times, but i couldnt hear the knock but i did just pop a head gasket.though... i need to get the newer f/pump and send my alky pump to you for a freshen up...yes, i saw the KR but i was ahead of that ford lightning and wasnt about to lift. what do you suggest about the xtra fuel for the heads ? thanks

A good fuel pump is a must. From there.. regulator, filter, hoses, etc need to be perfect.

Make sure the hot wire kit to the pump is also solid..

Send the pump in while the car is down and i'll go through it and make sure there are no issues.