Y56 option

does anyone know what this number is used for. its circled in red. thanks....
gnx label.jpg

The link for the RPO info looks like it was moved. Is this the same one?: http://www.t6p.com/index.php?thread...ifaction-label-and-rpo-codes.2396/#post-18390 I just bought a Turbo T and have been trying to ID my codes. This really helped.

I don't think I agree with how gnttype.org (as well the link above) calls the turbo Regals with the WE4 package a "Turbo T", but not those with only the Y56 ("T package") option http://www.gnttype.org/general/product.html What's the general consensus on this? I just picked up my 6th turbo Regal on Saturday (I've previously owned 4 GN's and a Turbo T in the past). The car I just bought has the Y56 T-package, so it seems proper to call it a Turbo T. It seems to me, if I'm reading the "most common packages" options list on the t6p.com post, the LC2 and LM9 packaged cars could simply be called "Turbo Regals", as they don't have the y56 T-package. The WE4 package includes the Y56 option, so okay...call those Turbo T's. But mine has the Y56 package option code, but not the WE4 package. And then I see the W11 package, which they're calling a T-Type. So is this what GM is calling them or just what the TR community has come to call the variations?

And after all the reading I've done, I don't know what the Y56 package actually is. I almost think it's nothing more than the "T" emblem on the fenders and steering wheel. Anyone know if it's something more?

Hey...I like all the variations of the Turbo Regals. The GN's need no mention of their killer look. But I also like somewhat elegant look of the Turbo Regal Limiteds. Dig the black trim of the WE4 TR's. And I also like the sleeper look of the one I just picked up, with all chrome and the chrome side molding (what option code is that...haven't found it) and even the hood ornament.

The bottom line is...what are people calling what I got (considering it's got the Y56 T-package)? See the attached pics. As you can see, it needs some work to get it looking sweet (hate the blackened wheels). All in due time (and money). ;) And it also looks like it's got two-tone paint, though I can't figure out the option code(s) to confirm that it's the original factory paint scheme. Could be non-original paint of course, but the 8573 paint code (Medium Grey Metallic) looks right.

Attachments

• Options Codes.jpg
    Options Codes.jpg
    846.1 KB · Views: 246
  • t-2.jpg
    t-2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 173
  • t-3.jpg
    t-3.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 176

picture upload

image hosting gif

Some factory literature to peruse.
WE4 = Turbo T
But many don't know or care to see the differeence. I love a chrome car , looks like you have a nice project.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
Oh, that's very cool. Thanks...that clears it up. So I'm just calling it what it is...a Turbo Regal. Boom. I also noticed the VD6 and VD7 options on the label, which are the aluminum front and rear bumper supports. I confirmed this on the front, seeing the bare aluminum. The rear bumper supports are painted black, so I can't tell. Does anyone know if they painted the rear aluminum supports at the factory? I guess a magnet test might be in order.

Anyway, I've got the shipping down to $500 to Nick, and it should get picked up within the next couple days. ;) Don't know how just yet, but I'm gonna materialize the money to facilitate a forged crank, cleaned-up heads, and cam as the major highlights of the build.

P.S. Is everyone experiencing some major downtime of the website over the last few days?