Yet another 9 bolt question.......

Roc87

11 Second V6
I did a search and came up with a little info, but who has been in the 11's for a long time and still has the 9 bolt working fine? I just bought a 9 bolt w/ 3.27, posi, and Disc brakes off ebay to replace my worn out 10 bolt w/ 4.10's:eek: . Will this thing work for a while? Since there isn't a track around close, I'll mostly be driving this thing on the street and with 17" tires I'm not too concerned with breaking the rear because I have a real problem with traction. But I do want to have a nice low 60 foot time when I do go to the track (if possible with my "road racing" suspension) with my 26x15x10.5 ET Streets.

Its supposed to be stronger than the 10 bolts. Mine has 100K miles on it and still works. Its loud but it still works although it has like 300 passes in it with more in the 1.6s that I can count.

:)

They are inherently better than the 10 bolts and if you do break it it will most likely be the posi. At least you dont have to worry about shooting the axle out the side. And the larger ring gear(just a little larger) will stand up to the abuse a bit better.

When I had my stock motor supercharged,I consistantly ran 1.7 short times and mid 12 second slips at 110.THis is launching a 3800lb car.Id say it was pretty strong,only difference I had the 3.70 gears,everything else stock