Yet another noisy lifter thread.

davidf

I recently bought a 206/206 flat tappet and lifters from TA perf. No particular name was on either box. The lifters are noisy at startup for a sec. or so until oil PSI reaches them. Though it may be harmless, I'm rather dissapointed in it. Will it eventually correct itself? Thanks.

Yes I considered that and likely will, at 3 times the price.:frown: But I guess it's worth it. I considered reusing my 54k oem's since they were flawless, but was scared to chance it with a new cam.

I recently bought a 206/206 flat tappet and lifters from TA perf. No particular name was on either box. The lifters are noisy at startup for a sec. or so until oil PSI reaches them. Though it may be harmless, I'm rather dissapointed in it. Will it eventually correct itself? Thanks.

What Oil filter do you have on the car.

Are you running a good quality filter like a Wix or something? The newer Delco and the base model frams have really crappy anti drainbacks and can cause the lifters to tap at initial start up.

I'm running the Napa "gold". I had a new AC PF24 {biggie adapter} but had read the AC filter thread and removed it.

I think?? those are nothing but comp. cam lifters and if they are thier JUNK. Back in the day I did two different motors with comps. lifters and had nothing but problems with them. Got GM's and never looked back.

Damn! I should've know a plain white box of lifters was'nt good.:redface:LOL

I woudnt mess with it. The click wont hurt anything if it disappears and putting in new may decide to not mate with the cam. I got the same thing in my inline6 258 Gremlin. I think they are PBM...sometimes its real bad, other times they dont click at all. As long as it goes away in a few seconds im fine with it.