Yet another which turbo... sorry but i dont know

Boosted6

here is the combo..... i am up for changes, but the goal is 11.80's on 94 octane no alky.

3.8, bored .030, JE pistons , KB 208/208 fast ramp, steel caps (center), double roller, arp bolts and studs, p/p heads lt1 springs, bigger valves and champion intake, 70mm tb/plenum (accufab), 2800 converter, ssm bars upper/lower and bags, V4 Stretched, 3" DP and exhaust, racegate, 009's, i think thats all the needed info.

thx

what do you have now?

your goals are worthy, but tilting at windmills is counter productive...these are not big block cars...they need boost to go fast and you aren't going to get much boost out of 94 octane

get some 75 lb injectors, and a TE-60 and call Bruce

right now its a ta-49, but i dont have any times yet, awaiting the turbo to visit the track

which bruce, we4 or agressive performance? i will most likely go to eric shertz (about 30 min from my house)

as in Bruce (not WE4 or the other guy) on this board....he has run high boost with pump gas...also ijames on this board

with a motor like that, it is just begging for a big shaft turbo. Now, I haven't run my combo down the strip yet, but I have talked to guys with lesser combos than mine, (te60) and the have gone 11.8's on pump gas. basically, to run 11's on pump gas, you have to have a car capable of runnin 10's at high boost. If I were you, I would look into a 70 ball bearing turbo, some 72lb. injectors and a bigger stall (3500 or so). Those with a nice intercooler should easily get you to your goal.

AZGN's suggestions are on the money...and precisely targeted for your stated goals.

Re-read his post...that's the least "radical" road to 11.80s.

Good advice! :)

That $7 per gallon is the cheapest insurance in the world for keeping the motor together. There is no way around that and using alky or whatever is not the best way to go. ( I will get much disagreement about that I know)

The 70 turbo will get you there easily and it is still a nice turbo for the street.

You can get to that ET your are looking for at about 17 psi but my no means will you get it there on 94 octane.

You might as well throw a stick of dynomite in one of the cylinders and see what flies apart.

I don't mean to throw the thread off track.. but these may be useful for boosted as well..

AZ, why do you say 75lb inj's for his application?

Reggie, why don't you like alch injection?

I ask out of ignorance, not to argue :) :cool:

My GN is a an 11 second pump gas car (before I sold the i/c and turbo) and ran mid 10s in race trim. As stated above, you basically need an efficient 10 second race trim car to run 11s in street trim. I also run a DFI which makes things nicer tuning wise. I ran 21psi on pump gas with no knock (thank you, Job Spetter Jr.!!). The car, in full street trim (regular radials and through the muffs) would run mid 11s. The biggest problem is traction, not horsepower. I had to leave from an idle and squeeze the throttle open slowly. Otherwise, it was wheel spin city.

If the car didn't have drag radials on it, it wore 275/60/15 cheapo tires. Same size drag radials. It was just as easy to blow the drag radials away at the track as the regular radials if I got stupid on the starting line, but the DRs held more power a couple hundred feet out than the regular radials.

Keep in mind tuning on pump gas takes twice as long as tuning with race gas because you have to be twice as careful.