you guys are ridiculous

Hell, that swap is VERY do-able!!! My current project is an '84 Monte Carlo SS, and a few of the guys over on the Monte SS board have gone turbo 3.8! The motor itself would bolt right in, using Buick 231ci motor mounts. The only realissue would be wiring it, but if you scored a wiring harness and computer along with the motor, everything would bolt/slip right together. Aside from some very minor differences, under the sheetmetal..all "G"-body cars are pretty much the same!
I've even thought about finding another 87 Cutlass body, swapping in a Buick turbo 3.8 and apropriate drivetrain,and then putting the 83-84 Hurst/Olds spoiler package on it (and cutting the hood under the H/O hood "bulge" to allow clearence for the SFI intake.
Best part about it (aside from the "sleeper status"), you'ld beable to insure it as a 3.8 V-6 Cutlass!

OHH MAN i didnt even think of the insurance option lol
NEW YORK insurance for an 18 year old is hell!!!

Originally posted by cimi4749
OHH MAN i didnt even think of the insurance option lol
NEW YORK insurance for an 18 year old is hell!!!
LOL....been there....feel for ya' bro!
Hopefully, your insurance agent won't be to savvy when it comes to Buick motors.....
.......you could always tell him you swapped in the SFI unit for better gas milage!;)

is it bad to have ur waistgate turned up to the max be cause mine is bear with me i just got the car and im new to turbos. i never that a v6 could go this fast!

hope you have a scan tool , fuel pump , adj reg, and some gauges boost , knock. If your that new to turbos get these parts first before you blow it up, just trying to help.:)

my air is hot!

muy engine in my volvo is a hot air motor...this car has run 13.10 (on the juice) absolutly 0 mods other than that...open rear end and all thats a nice tome if you ask me...

WaggonDraggin, you should try to attend the 2003 dollar challenge this weekened in Gainsville FL with your budget minded volvo. Im sure you could do very well up against some of those guys. Too bad its this friday and saturday or you would have had some time to prepare. Got any pictures of your car and swap?

thanks

pics...

volvoman had pics on his site.. but i have to take some lower resolution pics because theotherones took up too much space..i'll email you some if you want.. its nothing to look at though..