you guys that have the gbody parts upper front control arms

gnfanatic

I bought the steel tubular control arms from gbodyparts awhile back when I did my entire front end. I am having a steering issue where I can only turn 1 full turn to the right but 1.5 turns to the left. So before I start investigating my centerlink install do any of you have a pics of the arms installed?? I am wondering if I installed them backwards or upside down?? I would appreciate it!

You can't install the arms backwards. They'll hit the frame and you won't be able to connect the ball joints. I'd be more inclined that the linkage is screwed up.:(

Charlie, I took some pics. Best I could with tight room. Do you see anything wrong?? I am trying to figure this out. thanks !!!

Attachments

• cake 004 (Medium).jpg
    cake 004 (Medium).jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 656
  • cake 006 (Medium).jpg
    cake 006 (Medium).jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 311
  • cake 010 (Medium).jpg
    cake 010 (Medium).jpg
    55 KB · Views: 400
  • cake 008 (Medium).jpg
    cake 008 (Medium).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 324
hmmm, 3rd pic looks like it is installed right?? looks like the smaller bend is pointing towards front of car?? My center link correct as well, no??

Center link looks right but the bend doesn't look right. The link is using the same type of arm so look at the pics to see if yours are done the same way.

In the arm. I'll be off for the next day or so, so if I don't respond get Brian in on this.;)

Just make left turns!:D:p

Putz, I have a TR here w/o the engine in it.. You need a pic of the steering??

hey bud, I would appreciate it. Either the controls arms are wrong or the center link. maybe both? Go have some sweet tea on me today :)

How about I send you some good pictures when i get home today or post them up. That 3rd picture does look funny of the driverside.
That ball joint looks to be angled a bit rather than straight down. Cant tell too much the pictures are not that great.

I'm about to do the same installation of these G Body upper tubular control arms soon as well. I've got a set of UMI lower tubular arms with delrin bushings to put in at the same time.

Would appreciate any pics you could post and pointers too.
The links provided in this post by charlief1 are most helpful.

Thanks,

dave

stock upper arms the long side mounts to the front short side to rear. not sure about tubular ? looks like they are on the wrong sides.

The will fit on left of right but it looks like you've got then front to back. In other words you have the rear of the arm facing foward and the front at the back.

Charlie. the upper Balljoint is suppose to be right above lower?? because mine is obv foward of the bottom ball joint. I am hoping to fix this issue tomorrow morning.

See if you can find a pic of a set of stock arms mounted. Look at their shape and compair them to the tubular ones. You may need to either swap sides or take the ball joints off and flip them as well as the arms.