You think we got enough rain here in AZ this Spring?

AZ Vic

It is the desert... We are always in a drought... I will never complain about having rain here (It is a reality check when you turn on the faucet and nothing comes out)

Anyways, we were out on Lake Roosevelt this past weekend and these were all over. The level of Roosevelt is higher than it has ever been in it's history, with the new dam and all.

Yes that is a full grown saguaro cactus... Probably 15' of it under water

Can you imagine someone diving off of a boat and hitting one of these that is hidden a few feet under water? Or a water skier hitting one that has broken off and is floating out in the lake?

Attachments

• resized saguaro in roosevelt.jpg
    resized saguaro in roosevelt.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 181
Not all of az is crappy desert... I live in the mountains where it rains and snows all the time. Lakes are full year round, and the hottest it'll get is around 100.

Originally posted by Big Stu
Not all of az is crappy desert... I live in the mountains where it rains and snows all the time. Lakes are full year round, and the hottest it'll get is around 100.

Hey now... I like our crappy desert... but I do always head up North in the summer:D

I grew up in Payson, so I know the mountain life too (damn flatlanders:p )

Vic

You desert rats better start using your noggin,how about build small man made lakes or bottle that sh!t so we dont have to hear you crying all the time,,bad enough we have all the babies in California :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: ;) :D

Originally posted by BandAid
You desert rats better start using your noggin,how about build small man made lakes or bottle that sh!t so we dont have to hear you crying all the time,,bad enough we have all the babies in California :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: ;) :D

:D

Actually, that IS from a man made lake... we have a bunch of them... it's the only way we survive!

Last summer this same lake was at a 13% capacity, now it is at 98%. It is hard to keep up with the growth when the #1 growing area in the US is in the middle of the desert:eek:

Vic

Originally posted by AZ Vic
Hey now... I like our crappy desert... but I do always head up North in the summer:D

I grew up in Payson, so I know the mountain life too (damn flatlanders:p )

Vic
Cool, payson is definitly not desert.

:D

Actually, that IS from a man made lake... we have a bunch of them... it's the only way we survive!

Last summer this same lake was at a 13% capacity, now it is at 98%. It is hard to keep up with the growth when the #1 growing area in the US is in the middle of the desert:eek:

Vic
I would'nt be proud of the #1 growth place of Baby boomers(AKA Old Folks) which is screwing up the economy buy retiring in all the prime spots Florida,AZ,Texas...
Fu@#ing up home sales for me

Originally posted by BandAid
I would'nt be proud of the #1 growth place of Baby boomers(AKA Old Folks) which is screwing up the economy buy retiring in all the prime spots Florida,AZ,Texas...
Fu@#ing up home sales for me

Ah yes....

Well I can not say I am against it. Actually, seems like most folks moving here are 30-40 yr old Californians... (then again they are building a new Del Webb Anthem right out by me - I am sure they will be screwing up traffic in no time :mad: )

I am in contract right now selling 1.25 acres of my property for 165k... I will pay off my property, pocket 115k and still have 2 acres to live on - paid for :D

The kicker is I only bought a little over 3 years ago :eek:

But really, that sucks if it is messing things up for you... are you a relator or involved with home sales in a bad market or something?

Ah yes....

Well I can not say I am against it. Actually, seems like most folks moving here are 30-40 yr old Californians... (then again they are building a new Del Webb Anthem right out by me - I am sure they will be screwing up traffic in no time :mad: )

I am in contract right now selling 1.25 acres of my property for 165k... I will pay off my property, pocket 115k and still have 2 acres to live on - paid for :D

The kicker is I only bought a little over 3 years ago :eek:

But really, that sucks if it is messing things up for you... are you a relator or involved with home sales in a bad market or something?
Vic,No just wanting to relocate and my realtor says Florida and the other areas (warm) are over run,with old foggies(baby Boomers) ,thats why a 1400sq ft townhouse in Florida is $330K without a garage and they are building only 700,the waiting list of depends diaper wearing people for this is 2700 long,with only 700 units..
Does anyone else agree the younger Gen is Bent over takin it in the rear