Your fastest on a PegLeg..it's posi time for me

jmidolo

Sexy MF Joe
Ran my best last wk at a local track rental. I went 12.02@114. I was pleased with the MPH since it was my first time out with a race chip in the car. I could not leave with any boost at all...would kill the one tire. Just brought up the revs a little and nailed it. Got a 1.95 60' Which I guess is not Terrible, but definately not optimal.

With some more tuning, a posi, and a few more lbs of boost it should go 11.7s or better..I just gottta tune it some more. Only managed to get in a few full runs. Had intercooler hose problems.
Kept blow off, blowin off, then it burst.

Wanna send out a THANKS to Alan from CT for letting me borrow his extra hose when mine was blowing off.

And a HUGE THANKS to Ben Pinkin From CT for Giving me HIS own hose cause he was leaving and putting my blown hose on his car to drive home. I would have been done for the day and never ran my 114. That's what's great about the Buick guys...Saved my day..would have been a total waste if he did not offer that. Thanks again Ben!!

So, back to my original question, I cannot see how I could go any faster w/a peg leg so I was just curious how fast someone has been on one..cause I can't even put any power to it at the line w/out tearing sh!t up in smoke..

Mods:
T63e, 50# inj, CAS V4, ATR DP and 3" Xflow Exhaust, 3200 billet 9x11, pts shift kit
and the usual regulator, hotwire etc...stock heads, ecm, cam and valve springs..on the list this winter is the valve springs
and posi

I ran the time in my sig 12.91@110.3 on a peg leg and street tire. My best 60' of the day was a high 2.3. Couldn't go WOT until third gear. It was frustrating to say the least. I had the right airbag at 50psi, looked like it was going to burst and the car had a noticable tilt. I can't wait to get it back to the track with my new posi unit. There was no point in trying to go faster, even in third it screeched most of the way but didn't fully break free.

my buddie with a honda, turbo, built motor with a peg leger on slicks runs a 11.2. But he also spent a lot of money lol. Still i give credit to an 11.2 peg legger civic.

my norms are the 2.1-2.0 60' but my good ones are like 1.9 I can launch with 4 PSI. Anymore that that and thoes recaps just light up like a christmas tree:cool: :D