Your opinion on my combo

tracy

My car is at ANS Performance getting THDP/ATR exhaust - tune up and minor maintenance. I would like it to be a high 11 second car, so I thought I'd ask what you think.

33k on original motor
70 mm throttle body
42lb injectors
Adj. fuel pressure
High volume fuel pump/hot wire.
stock turbo
front mount intercooler
shift kit
race chip/100 octane unleaded and 18-20 psi boost(not sure yet)

what's your best guess and based on my goals what would be your next mod.

Thanks

If you've already done those mods, tires would be the next mod. I had Nitto Drag Radials and they worked great. Drove around on them all the time. 1st set had 13K miles but a nail through the sidewall did that set in, still had more tread left.

Originally posted by RobR
If you've already done those mods, tires would be the next mod. I had Nitto Drag Radials and they worked great. Drove around on them all the time. 1st set had 13K miles but a nail through the sidewall did that set in, still had more tread left.

What's your guess on 1/4 mile performance???

With traction, you may be there now. Tranny shifting good? That can be a factor. With that setup, you could slap a new turbo on that baby and be in the 11's for sure.

But, that would be too easy!:D

Originally posted by tracy
What's your guess on 1/4 mile performance???
If its tuned and running right, 11 second times are yours. Provided you have traction :)

Thanks for the input. Pete at ANS said I might be there alredy, but a turbo upgrade would be the next step.

I'll need to ponder that because I'm still thinking of selling or trading it for a GN. three herniated disks in my back make the t/a hard for me to get in&out of. Hopefully I heal and it's a mute point.

Have patience with your back

Just a note to encourage you about your back Tracy.

First hospitalized for back injury in 1973 (Viet Nam era Helicopter pilot), I've been living with bulging disks since then. One of the things I've learned over time about back injuries is that it can control every aspect of your life.

There are times I cannot get into my TTA either (or even get out of bed for that matter). A week or month or two at most, and I can get back in there and enjoy. The seats are very supportive once you get in place :cool:

Just have someone else start and warm the car to operating temp every week or two until you can get in there again. Therapists have shown me how to sit down facing away from the center of the car (with steering wheel totally on your right side), and then rotate 90 degrees so you are facing forward. Reverse the procedure getting out. That will save your back a lot of grief.

We all will part with our TTA's someday. I'm getting ready to build a house in another city and may buy a pickup and sell the TTA to pay for it....A sad thought :(

Best of Luck :)

leeb

P.S. Call (719$594$0539) or PM me if you want some more helps about living with back problems.

Re: Have patience with your back

Originally posted by lburou
b]

We all will part with our TTA's someday. I'm getting ready to build a house in another city and may buy a pickup and sell the TTA to pay for it....A sad thought :(

Best of Luck :)

leeb

:eek: I hope you can keep it Lee!:(

I have a bad back and neck also. Had fusion operation in 1989. I can tell you a couple of days before a cold front comes through. It's hard to explain to someone about back pain. It's with you ALL the time.

Go buy that same turbo that captain mark just bought. That turbo seams to be working real good for him. Then go get some alky. Have fun doing some smoke shows and then go get tires.

Jason

Originally posted by postal
Go buy that same turbo that captain mark just bought. That turbo seams to be working real good for him. Then go get some alky. Have fun doing some smoke shows and then go get tires.

Jason

Alky....yes. My next investment.

Was yours the only TTA that has been there the last couple of weeks or so Tracy?

Was checking it out, nice looking car ......

youe ant. is messed u0p and sticking up correct?

GM has an ant repair kit for this(if its up and constantly running)

I dont have the part numbers, but a search at thirdgen.org will give u the number :)

let me know if thats your car there
Jeremy

Originally posted by 3.8TransAM
Was yours the only TTA that has been there the last couple of weeks or so Tracy?

Was checking it out, nice looking car ......

youe ant. is messed u0p and sticking up correct?

GM has an ant repair kit for this(if its up and constantly running)

I dont have the part numbers, but a search at thirdgen.org will give u the number :)

let me know if thats your car there

Jeremy

Thanks - Yes that's mine. I've been after my friend (GM mechanic) to order my antenna and help me out replacing it. I'll get to it when it comes back.

My THDP is on back order so it'll be there a while.

Going from a stock turbo to a TE44 netted me an honest 5 mph in both the 1/8 and 1/4....consistantly I might add.