YUP UNCLE OBAMA COMING AFTER your newer SUV & PICKUP TRUCKS

My firearms and my hot rods are of much personal value to me. That said, the phrase "from my cold, dead hands" comes to mind.

I just hope they don't come looking behind my house:eek: :biggrin: ;) I got my own little "yard" going:biggrin:

It appears to be voluntary, so truthfully, its not going to effect most people, just those in dire need of "$2500-$4500. I bet there will be a market for false vin plates to crush stolen cars though.
Why is every new plan to save the world starts w/ hurting the middle class and doing something mind numbing. Its always stopping something first, not starting anything long term and profitable. Freakin DRILL already.

It's a voluntary action, it's not like the crushing of old cars because they were just, old.

The bigger issue is why create all this waste over a couple miles per gallon?
I'd rather have 100,000 cars on the road getting lower gas mileage than 100,000 crushed sitting all over America.

No thanks,I love my old gas hogs. :tongue:

Keep_My_Guns_Free.jpg

There are two groups of people. People who don't have a clue of what a car is. This is the group that accounts for every Toyota Camry and Honda Civic sold in this country.

Than there is us. People who know.

Now here's a real stimulus package for that other group that's more than a quick buck. Donate your gas guzzler and use it as a deduction on your taxes. You'd make more money on the deal. I didn't see a cap on what didn't qualify but you know darn well that they aint going to give you $4500 for that 20YO Chevy van that reeks of reefer.

SEMA is a joke. Name one thing they've accomplished in the past 10 years. And I'm not talking about that big show they put on every year in Vegas. SEMA=Chicken Little. Don't look but the sky is falling.

I never get threads like these. Is it bad to rid the world of clunkers? What merit is there in hoarding cars......just for the sake of hoarding cars? I've been selling new car parts for the past 30 years and I've seen lots of things come and go. Maybe the fact that you can't buy a new crankshaft or widget for your 59 Nash Metro might be Gods way of telling you, you're not cut out for this hobby. Like I told my better half when she worked at the animal shelter. You can't save every puppy or kitten that comes through the door....nor should you. The same applies to cars. Some of us have a double standard. While it's bad to crush a car, it's okay to drive the wheels off it and maybe even get in a wreck and have a car totaled. What's the difference?:mad:

Hhhmm...well my S-10 books at $1000. Maybe I'll keep driving it until it finally quits, if it ever does quit. Then will they give me $2500 for it? Even though it's only worth $1000?

Hhhmm...well my S-10 books at $1000. Maybe I'll keep driving it until it finally quits, if it ever does quit. Then will they give me $2500 for it? Even though it's only worth $1000?

I don't understand why they have s-10's in with SUVS or as GAS guzzlers

I don't understand why they have s-10's in with SUVS or as GAS guzzlers

Yeah me either. They're not really gas guzzlers unless you drop in a Holley fed 350, don't use an overdrive trans, don't change out the 4.10 rear end and use your right foot all too often. :cool: