You can type here any text you want

1.55 or 1.65 Roller Rockers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87WE4BOOSTED

I NEED MORE BOOST!!
I somehow found a way to fit some T&D Roller Rockers (Cool Guy Part) :cool: in the budget. I know they are not needed for what I’m trying to do and Stock will work just fine, I just want to have a complete roller valvetrain.:redface: I'm will be placing these on a set of Champion Irons set up for a roller cam, using K-MOTION-750 Springs. I do know the 1.55 are stock. Should I go with the 1.55 or 1.65? :confused: I really don't understand what the two different ratios would offer as far as performance. Please bear with me, I'm on a new learning curve about the valve train and understand it's a very important part of the cars performance.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Roller Rockers

Depends on what cam you are going to use. What are your goals?

I will be using the Webber 206/206 Billet Roller.It has 500' Lift. My goal is to build it strong enough to dip in the 10.50 and slower range.
With all the searching I did on this subject, I see alot of people syaing Stockers will work fine in that time range, but if the MONEY permits go ahead and do Roller. I hear it make adjustments easier and etc,etc...I never can find why should I use either 1.55 or 1.65 in any application. This is where my ignorance in valvetrains begin. :confused:

Thanks for your response.

You have to do the math first and see if the 1.65 roller rocker will fit. Meaning, if the max "cam" lift is .50" x 1.65 = 0.825 of "valve" lift. Check the installed height of the springs and where coil bind occurs. A common installed height is 1.75. 1.75 - 0.825 = 0.925. This is how far the spring will be compressed with the 1.65 Roller Rocker. Now, where's coilbind occur??? 1.55 would be 1.75-.775=0.975 PS: I think this number you gave, 500', is not the cam lift. Get that number, you have the formula, just do the math.

Hope this helps you.

I was told to go 1.65 with my setup and this combo screams! I say go 1.65 because your only talking about ~.500" of lift. I'm using the 210/215 from FTSS with 1.55 rockers its .516" with 1.65 its .548" I don't have problems with valve to piston interference. FWIW

You have to do the math first and see if the 1.65 roller rocker will fit. Meaning, if the max "cam" lift is .50" x 1.65 = 0.825 of "valve" lift. Check the installed height of the springs and where coil bind occurs. A common installed height is 1.75. 1.75 - 0.825 = 0.925. This is how far the spring will be compressed with the 1.65 Roller Rocker. Now, where's coilbind occur??? 1.55 would be 1.75-.775=0.975 PS: I think this number you gave, 500', is not the cam lift. Get that number, you have the formula, just do the math.

Hope this helps you.

This formula makes sense!! I asked a different question in another thread I opened and Bison also asked me what was the lift. :redface: I will call Webber and get all the specs of this Cam. I know he will tell me which size I should use as well.

Thanks,

Back