You can type here any text you want

16" Rim suggestions. PLEASE HELP.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbodan

I am planning on taking off my 18" rims soon and getting 16" rims. My reason for going back to 16" rims is the ride quality seems to be rough with the little bit of tire between the ground and the rim. I had plans to buy 4 front GTA rims but that deal fell apart. I would like to order some 16" rims and i am not sure what is not going to fit and what will fit. I have the LS1 brake conversion and the lowered Eibach springs. I was during some browsing on Tirerack.com and was thinking maybe it would be safe if i did a search for rims for a 1989 GTA. they have 16X8 rims that look pretty nice. they also denote front and rear for the GTA. If i was to order 4 fronts for a GTA. Do you think they would fit? Will i notice a better ride going to 16" from 18".
Anyone running 16" rims with LS1 brakes and lowered springs?

I just took off my 16" GTA's w/ 50 series tires and went to 18" ROH w/35 series out back and I can't notice much if any difference in ride quality.
I don't know about fitment problems with the LS1 brakes.
I'd stick with the 18's myself :cool:

I just put 18s on my car, and the ride seems better! :biggrin: I was really suprised, common sense says less rubber would make the ride worse, but I took it out yesterday and took it over the railroad tracks that usually pound the crap out of my car, and it was significantly better.

Anyways, I have no idea what kind of difference the LS1 brakes are going to make. Maybe you should shop for wheels designed for LS1 cars then?

i a set of Ronal R9's and use them with the LS1 fronts. they just barley clear the calipers i think by about 1/8 inch but its enuff. hvaent put the rear on yet front been on about a year. oh GTA wheels also clear gor some DR's on a set and tried them in the front. HTH

on the front of my Regal, the GTA front rims rub just a little bit for me at full lock- with the LS1 brakes, i'd bet you'd have no rubbing issues at all as long as the wheel clears the brake caliper.

Back