You can type here any text you want

16" Rim Tire Sizes?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CHRIS W

I have a set of GTA rims I want to use. What size tires are most guys using.I would like to use a set or drag radials as well. Any pics would be great. THANKS

255/50 (nittos are 245/50) in back. M/H has a 275/50 that should fit.

In front 225 to 245/50 should fit, though the larger you go, the more rubbing issues you'll have.

Tire for 16" wheels

I think 16" wheels are the perfect size for a GN (my opinion only). Trouble is you're somewhat limited on selection for drag radials. Mickey Thompson ET streets only have one, 255 50R/16. The tire looks and works great but your wheel back spacing has to be right. My wheels are Weld Prostars, 16"X8" w/4" back spacing. (I don't think they make them any more) They used to rub the frame going around tight corners until I put on aluminum drums which are a bit thicker. Also the tire diameter is smaller than I'd like. A 55 or 60 series would be better for the track. With my loose converter I'm pushing 5500 rpm in the 1/8th mile. Here's a couple pics. The car is jacked up and the spacing between the tire and the frame is actually a little less once you drop it down.

Attachments

• HPIM0570.JPG
    HPIM0570.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 189
  • HPIM0571.JPG
    HPIM0571.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 201
I think 16" wheels are the perfect size for a GN (my opinion only). Trouble is you're somewhat limited on selection for drag radials. Mickey Thompson ET streets only have one, 255 50R/16. The tire looks and works great but your wheel back spacing has to be right. My wheels are Weld Prostars, 16"X8" w/4" back spacing. (I don't think they make them any more) They used to rub the frame going around tight corners until I put on aluminum drums which are a bit thicker. Also the tire diameter is smaller than I'd like. A 55 or 60 series would be better for the track. With my loose converter I'm pushing 5500 rpm in the 1/8th mile. Here's a couple pics. The car is jacked up and the spacing between the tire and the frame is actually a little less once you drop it down.

Thanks for the pics, the wheels have 4.5" bs. I was leaning towards the MT radials too. These wheels will be for the street, so I don't care how tall they are.:cool:

I've got GTA 16" wheels & am using Micky Thompson 255-50-16 drag radials on the rear & 225-55-16's on the front & they look great...

The Darkside:cool:

16" wheels

I'd be suprised if you won't need spacers with 4.5" bs to keep from rubbing the frame. I tried fitting a spacer once but turned out the lug studs were too short and I would have to install longer ones, so just went back to original. For some reason some cars are a little different so you may be okay.

M&H Racemaster 275/55/R16's (28" tall) Drag Radials on GTA wheels

Attachments

• picresized_th_Woodward_Cruise_2009_002.jpg
    picresized_th_Woodward_Cruise_2009_002.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 169
  • picresized_th_Woodward_Cruise_2009_003.jpg
    picresized_th_Woodward_Cruise_2009_003.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 173
Back