You can type here any text you want

17 x 9.5 Up Front - Also Tire Size?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jshilli1

Anyone running a 17 x 9.5 wheel up front? If so what size tire are you running, pics would be great, especially of inner fender / wheel lip modifications.

Also would like to know what size tires and backspace on this size wheel... 275 seems to large for the front w/o rubbing.

Looking at the wheels again, I believe they are 17x9... Same questions as above with 17x9?

jshilli1 said:
Anyone running a 17 x 9.5 wheel up front? If so what size tire are you running, pics would be great, especially of inner fender / wheel lip modifications.

Also would like to know what size tires and backspace on this size wheel... 275 seems to large for the front w/o rubbing.

You can't fit a 9.5" wide rim in the front.

Those fill the well nicely.

Over on MCSS.com there are a few guys running 9.5" fronts with 91 camaro steering box (different stops). Of course this increases turning radius but I've never needed much steering input to turn around :-) especially in a hurry...

Is the wheel-well that much different between the Monte and the Regal ? I do know the front wheel wells of the older montes look "longer" but I would think GM would reuse inner fender if possible. Suspension is the same... Maybe the Monte guys put up with more rubbing, or noone has tried this on a Regal?

Back