You can type here any text you want

1982 GN/SC found, good news/bad news

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

b4black

The other day I recieved this:
I had one of these cars and foolishly let it go. I would like to know if anyone who looks through this site might have this car now. It was traded to a dealership in Indiana, in 1988.
The VIN # is 1G4AK4735CH226686.

Thanks

I could tell it was a '82 Sport Coupe, but I can't thell if it's Grand National from the VIN. I asked if someone could run a Carfax and this is what came up (thanks to twobryans):

06/19/1996 153,000 Indiana
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Winamac, IN
Title #96152099006
Title issued

The town Winamac, IN rang a bell. :) Years ago someone called me about a '82 Turbo GN, but he wouldn't give me the VIN. At the time he lived in Winamac. The car was very rough and the engine was out, but it was complete and restorable. I believe he was looking to sell it. Hopefully he and the car were still around. I sent the previous owner the current owner's phone number.

Just got this back:
Rich
I was able to actually see the car. The same guy still has it, but it is a total basket case. It was like putting a knife through my heart when I seen it. It was sitting on the rims and the whole car was rotted all the way around and underneath. The guy lost his license years ago, but doesn't want to sell it, even though he will never have the money to fix it. He said that he wanted to get in touch with you again to see how much it is worth. Maybe then he will realize that it isn't worth much the way it sits. I plan on talking to him in a couple of months, hoping to pick it up just for sentimental reasons. Thanks for your help!
I'll let you know if things work out, because I will have a MAJOR restoration project to do if I can get it back.

So who knows, maybe it's gone, maybe it will come back. But at least it found. :)

Back