1985 Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Hatch T Tops 5 spd runs $900

Oaktown

t-typeless for 5 yrs..ugh
1985 Ford Mustang 5.0 GT hatchback. 5 speed transmission. California car. Clean title. Car will be sold with lien sale paper work from auction and has not been smogged in california.

The engine is a 302 5.0L. It has a newer edlebrock carb. and intake. It runs decent. good enough to drive daily but it could use some attention. It has 164K on it and it is not new anymore. It starts up everytime. it will drive you where you want to go. it doesnt overheat or get hot. it could use new spark plugs and wires. there also might be some exhaust leaks in the exhaust that should be fixed but not too loud. it is not the best running 5.0 but it still runs and would be a good project. it has stock headers. it does make a little noise around 2K rpms and some other spots but it goes away when you step on it or let off. my other 5.0 makes this similar rattle and it has been running for years. the car sounds good overall but could use some attention. it has a oil leak i believe from the rear main seal. its not too bad and you can still drive the car but you might want to get it fixed. the oil light is always on but car runs good. i have changed the oil and i have maintained it since i have had it. It has a brand new starter. The car is a good running project. You could drive it like it is and do nothing at all or you could drop a powerful new motor in it and completely restore the car, the choice is yours.

5 speed transmission is in nice shape. It works in all gears and has a good clutch. Posi rear end.

The body has some dents in it. mainly the front passenger side (see pics). you can tell it is damaged but doesnt look too bad. It still drives fine and is fully functional as is. It would need a new fender and front nose piece which are a dime a dozen in the wrecking yards. I would have fixed it but I knew I was selling it and it still looks good as an all black car. There is some dings on the 1/4 behind the driver door (see pic). There is a little rust spot on the passenger side of the hatch (see pic). Other than that it looks decent all the way around. its not perfect it is over 20 years old but is a california car so you wont find any other rust. Paint still looks good where the car is not damaged. It has the t top option. They could use some new seals, as im sure they all could. All the glass is intact. there is a small rock hit on the windshield but smaller than a dime. The rear driver side tail light has been cracked but still good enough to use.

The interior on this car is okay. It is grey. It is missing the passenger side door panel but mostly everything else is there. The console is cracked. The dash is ok it has a couple cracks but nothing major. it has a dash cover. The seats look pretty good, the driver side has a little hole. It has power windows but the passenger side doesnt go down. It also has power door locks but they arent currently working. might just be a fuse I havent had time to investigate. No radio.

It has 10 hole rims. It needs new tires. they are shot except for one of them. The brakes are good.

The car will be sold "AS IS". it will be sold with california lien sale paper work from auction. In the car I found a title to the car but it is in a previous owners name. It will be included as well. To get title in california it is very easy. Just take paper work to DMV and pay back fees. This car owes approx. $105 at DMV in back fees along with normal transfer fees. It will also need new license plates ($18 in CA). It will also need to be smogged if buying in CA. It does not come with a smog. Sold "AS IS" with no smog. To get the title in your state if not california call up your DMV and ask them. It will be sold with California Lien Sale Paper work but I also have an old title for the car too.

looking for a quick sale, $900. email me at calioak510@aol.com if interested

85mustanghatch002.jpg

85mustanghatch003.jpg

85mustanghatch004.jpg

85mustanghatch005.jpg

85mustanghatch006.jpg

85mustanghatch007.jpg

85mustanghatch008.jpg

85mustanghatch009.jpg

85mustanghatch010.jpg

85mustanghatch011.jpg