You can type here any text you want

1987 GN Front Bumper Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Patsy57

Hi all thanks again for all your help, i was taking some pics for another thread and noticed this, does this look right?

I appreciate all the help you give!

Attachments

• IMG_5184.JPG
    IMG_5184.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 112
correct, the spacing seems off.

I am just learning about my 87 GN and it seems the more i learn the more i realize they weren't put together or painted the greatest. Gaps weren't uniform, Paint was bad etc.

So as i go down this path of understanding and of course being used to cars that have near 3/16 gaps all the way around when i restore them its definitely an education :)

Looks like something is out of alignment...try unbolting all the bolts holding air dam up, the hold air dam up to your bumper to fit it's contour so it looks correct....then you might see the holes are way off.....a fix could be elongating the air dam holes to fit....worth a try.....or drill new mounting holes where the original air damn holes go to the mounting surface underneath the car.....just be careful......if this doesn't work, I'll bring out the gun or you might switch to a Yugo.o_O

Bruce '87 Grand National

Back