You can type here any text you want

1987 Turbo T white/blackout

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DCVING 6

Been throwing around the idea of selling my car. I love the process of building them up, but get bored shortly after they are done. If it doesn’t sell I will keep going with it and go into the motor, I’d just like to see what it would bring as-is. After adding it all up, I’ve got over 19k into the car so far. I guess I will start out asking $15,000.

1987 Turbo T hardtop
The car has a white exterior with the black trim package. The previous owner had it repainted and it looks great. It has a dark blue bucket seat/counsel interior that is very clean.
It has 125,000 miles on it. I normally wouldn’t have given it a chance, but it was the only white/black car I had seen listed in some time. When I looked at it, I saw how clean it was (cleaner than my previous 37k WE4) and could tell that the previous owner was anal about maintaining and cleaning it. Every show/cruise I go to, people compliment me on how clean the car is and cannot believe the mileage for how it looks.

All the modifications were done over the winter of 05, and have around 1000 miles on them.
-Turbonetics 61mm ball bearing turbo with polished 4” inlet and ceramic coated exhaust housing.
-ATR stainless steel headers and crossover both ceramic coated
-ATR 3” stainless steel downpipe for external wastegate also ceramic coated.
-Tial 38mm external wastegate
-PTE Front Mount Intercooler
-PTE 70mm Plenum
-MSD 50lb injectors
-PTS 9x11 3000 stall lockup torque converter
-MAF PRO speed density setup with AFR tracking and electronic boost control
-Innovative LC1 wideband oxygen sensor kit with stand alone gauge
-Scanmaster
-Full Throttle 4” MAF pipe with K&N filter
-IAC angle adapter
-Taylor spark plug wires
-Fuel pump, hotwire, adjustable fuel regulator
-Line lock
-air bags
-Metco lower control arms with relocation brackets
-Metco drive shaft loop
-Ramchargers Dual Fans
-Gauges- hood mounted fuel pressure, oil, water, boost, A/F, and 5” tach
-GTA rims with M/T drag radials
-Previous owner did valve springs, rear main seal, and timing chain.

I took it to the track last week with just the wastegate controlling the boost for a baseline at 14psi. It ran a 13.40 at only 14psi with a 1.80 60ft. Another 10psi and the turbo should be in its sweet spot, which should give at least another 100 horsepower at the wheels. I plan on running the car turned up to 24psi at the Midwest Challenge in 2 weeks. It should run 11.50’s. If I end up keeping the car, I’ll swap in a set of ported irons and a roller cam and run some 10’s. :cool:

I have a few pictures up on my website as well as a few that I will post here. The car no longer has the draglites. Engine shots are before the 4" MAF pipe was installed. Best way for questions is through email as the board doesn't always notify me of new posts.
dcving6@aol.com

newbuick12fw5.jpg

hpim0136lj1.jpg

img1003sb6.jpg

I can attest to how clean the car is. I saw it in Indy and thought it had 24k miles or 25k whatever it read on the odometer. Very nice car!

Jason

I also can vouch for the quality of his cars. :cool:
Glen,if this car sells what will you buy next?

Thanks for the kind words guys. :cool:

Dave, I have been throwing around the idea of doing a 98+ WS6 with the Buick drivetrain. :D

Back