You can type here any text you want

1st Car Show

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Curless Auto

Taking #158 and it's garage mate (86 Cutlass Supreme) to their first show together this coming Saturday. I'll post pics up afterwards.

Ya let's check out that 86 cutlass,

We're having a Buick crusie on Sunday should have 10-15 Buicks cruising!

Ya let's check out that 86 cutlass,

We're having a Buick crusie on Sunday should have 10-15 Buicks cruising!
I've got a few pics of her from Woodward a couple of years ago... She's got 40,000 original miles, 100% original. No mods of any kind. We did the entire Hot Rod Power Tour last year with her!
Woodward 2012 011.jpg
86 Cutty 001.jpg

looks just like my buddy's first new car. Right out of high school! It was really nice and the same color as yours. One fine looking car you have there.
Thanks for posting!
KID

looks just like my buddy's first new car. Right out of high school! It was really nice and the same color as yours. One fine looking car you have there.
Thanks for posting!
KID

Thanks, I bought her from the original owner, have all of the paperwork from the day she was ordered. Probably the slowest car I own but up till the X she was my favorite to drive. I love the reactions I get from people. I constantly hear "ls swap it, lower it, tint it, put a stereo in it".... not happening!

Well, I don't know what to say... This show was mainly all Import and Euro cars. College kids put it on and let's face it, those cars are the cars that have been raised with. Everyone who was in attendance was given a ballot....I was in the Classic Class (1990 and older) and took first place... then they shocked the Hell out of me... Best in Show!
Ferris State Show 007.jpg
Ferris State Show 005.jpg
Ferris State Show 006.jpg

The other cars in the photos are customers and friends of my shop. The Silverado is supercharged, lowered, geared, torque converter... the Monte Carlo is lowered, better suspension, full trans build... the Jeep is full suspension with reservoirs, bumpers, winch, lighting, the S-10 is lowered, C5 wheels and tires and one of the largest stereos I've ever heard!

Damn straight it took Best in show! I'm so glad more people get to be exposed to the X and you're not hiding her in some garage somewhere. Bring her to Nationals this year! Big congrats!

I sat next to #178 all morning at a show I went to today. Good to see them out and being used instead of being museum pieces.

Nice job with the X. It never ceases to amaze me the respect people from 3 generations have for the Grand National.

Case in point. I was outside this morning finishing up my window weatherstripping replacement project when my 20 yr old son comes out and asks if I want to go with him to a local car show which is being held for the opening if a new Sound System shop. I say what the heck. We finish our project, clean the car quickly and head to the show.

Get there. About 100 cars. Mostly modern Japanese and German cars. One older Buick GS. Several GTRs. Modern GTOs. Etc. We drive through and everyone is staring. We park towards the back, pop the hood and the swarm began. We didn't stick around, we walked the show, admiring all facets of the hobby we love. My son convinces me to fill out a slip to enter the GN in the show. Ok.

Anyway, I ended up winning Best Domestic and a 18" trophy. Pretty cool.

98dab93d83b986517c44bc7dd528b965.jpg

Congrats again and enjoy the season and this wonderful passion we all have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Congrats!

Hope you set the parking brake, that looks like a pretty mean hill you're parked on...... How did you keep the trophy from tipping over?:D

Congrats!

Hope you set the parking brake, that looks like a pretty mean hill you're parked on...... How did you keep the trophy from tipping over?:D

:banghead: That's my son. He loves taking pix on an angle like that. Don't ask me why!

Nice job with the X. It never ceases to amaze me the respect people from 3 generations have for the Grand National.

Case in point. I was outside this morning finishing up my window weatherstripping replacement project when my 20 yr old son comes out and asks if I want to go with him to a local car show which is being held for the opening if a new Sound System shop. I say what the heck. We finish our project, clean the car quickly and head to the show.

Get there. About 100 cars. Mostly modern Japanese and German cars. One older Buick GS. Several GTRs. Modern GTOs. Etc. We drive through and everyone is staring. We park towards the back, pop the hood and the swarm began. We didn't stick around, we walked the show, admiring all facets of the hobby we love. My son convinces me to fill out a slip to enter the GN in the show. Ok.

Anyway, I ended up winning Best Domestic and a 18" trophy. Pretty cool.

98dab93d83b986517c44bc7dd528b965.jpg

Congrats again and enjoy the season and this wonderful passion we all have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back