1st time gn owner in upstate ny

jpal

after falling in love with these cars from the day they came out,i finally was able to buy one back in September.got to drive it around a few times before winter set in,she is in the garage now and I am going through things to figure out 32 years of tinkering,up grading some things,and trying to fix some of the many leaks!!!!!its far from perfect,but still looks pretty good.im hoping to have the car in reliable driving condition for spring,which here in upstate ny might not be till june.anyway,just wanted to say hi.

Welcome jpal,
Congratulations on finally getting the car of your dreams.
Great idea on checking things over before you get too crazy with it.

What will you be doing with the car? What power level are you shooting for and what boost level?

Make sure all the vacuum and boost hoses are replaced and if you're running more than 16 psi. boost, zip tie all the hoses at the fittings/ connections.

Is it one of those weird ones, Turbo T something or T-type deals that come in any color or is it one of those mean and nasty black ones? Hehe.
I'm just giving you grief, they are ALL wicked awesome!!!

Post some photos when you can.

What a great way to start off the new year!

im just looking to make it a reliable driver for now,i have already put 3" exhaust,deleted the cat,3.5" ls1 maf with translator,3" cold air kit,scanmaster,oil,fuel,and boost gauges.egr delete.valve cover breathers.afpr.i have replaced all hoses and clamps,fuel filter,removed the intercooler and cleaned it out,in the process of replacing thermostat and turbo oil feed and drain line.planning on replacing injectors and getting a matching tt chip.once im done under the hood,im going to change tranny and rear end fluid.

Attachments

• gran.png
    gran.png
    422.8 KB · Views: 72
  • grand national.png
    grand national.png
    401.7 KB · Views: 68
Looks good. You come to right place. Lots to read up on!

Man, you're all over it.
If you're looking at flow matched injectors, it makes sense to get the RJC Racing air distribution power plate to even out the air flow.
Usually you can safely run a couple more pounds of boost because the back two cylinders are not running lean.

Consider running E85 if it's available in your area.

Cheers

Last edited:
I knew nothing about these cars,other than I wanted one,till I found this site.i have been doing a lot of reading here and just about everything I have done so far on this car I have had trouble with and this site has got me through it.the rjc plate is on my list.no e85 that I know of,best im going to do is 93 octane.