You can type here any text you want

255/60/15 M/T Drags

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TWISTER

Cant decide to run this size or the 275/50/15 I have on there now. Will they fit close to the same without rolling the fender lip? I have a 3 3/8 bs on a 8.5" rim with no issues I just think I could use a taller tire approaching 111 mph and on up. TIA

TWISTER said:
Cant decide to run this size or the 275/50/15 I have on there now. Will they fit close to the same without rolling the fender lip? I have a 3 3/8 bs on a 8.5" rim with no issues I just think I could use a taller tire approaching 111 mph and on up. TIA

I have the 275/50/15 MT DR on mine... with centerline convo pro wheels.... same backspacing.......I had to roll my fender lips to keep it from rubbing.... the rubbed pretty bad.... nothing an 8 lb hammer won't cure :biggrin:

I did that right before I took the car to get painted.... the hammer worked a hardship on the wheel molding paint... on the inside of the wheel well.....

HTH

MT drag radials

If you use air bags you shouldn't need to roll the fenders. Also with the taller 60 series tire you should gain speed on the top end of the track, at least I did.

GNsnake

Hello, my intentions are not to jack this thread but could I get some advise on tires and wheels? I dont have airbags and I was going to order some weld wheels-- 15/8 with 275-50-15s rear 15/7 with 235-60-15 front. Is this correct or could I go 60s on the rear. Sounds like they will rub. Back spacing will be 4.5 rear 3.5 front. Thanks Daniel

I'm picking up my second set of MTs, 275/60/15. They fit perfect on an 8" rim. I'm trying out a 10" rim, but I expect trouble.

275/60/15

I have MT 275/60/15 street radials on 15x8 inch Centerlines in the rear with 4 inch backspace. They fit fine and do not rub the frame, but I do have airbags to help launch the car and to keep the car off the tires during very hard launches at the track.

GNsnake

turbo2nr said:
I'm picking up my second set of MTs, 275/60/15. They fit perfect on an 8" rim. I'm trying out a 10" rim, but I expect trouble.

They will be fine on a 10" wheel.

Monte said:
Also there has been low 8 second passes on the 275's

Actually the 275/60/15 M/T radials have been in the 7's on Steven Short's PSCA Wild Street Mustang....

:) :eek: :cool:

Monte said:
They will be fine on a 10" wheel.

Yup, they look awsome!!
10" Centerline Telestars 5"BS
275-60 MTs.....ain't nothing, but the truth!

I trimmed my fenders, not pretty from underneath, but oh well.

No spacers needed.

Great look.

Anybody wanna buy some 8" Centerlines? I only have about ten of them. Some have been drilled for slicks.
$75 each. Cheaper if you buy more.

Summit now sells the 10" for over $225, while Jeggs still sells them for only $135.

jeggs and summit will both have to charge more than that soon. BIG price increase due to cost of materials and labor recently.

Just about every metal, precious, non-precious, and non-ferrous metals have hit an all time high! Theft is starting to rise. A copper penny is worth more than a penny (shhhh) in it's weight of copper.

Aluminum is also expensive now. (Hmmmm, the US is gearing up for WAR this fall, get your rifels ready) The war machine has now been turned on. (Again)

I'll try to post some pics...here we go.

Nope, file too big. I don't feel like figuring out how to get the file smaller. I tried for twenty mins. I quit.

Go to t6pee to find some pics. I'll start a thread there. I seem to be able to post anything over there. ??

Scott

Im trying to get opinions on the 255/60/15 not the 275/60/15. I think the 275/60/15 is gonna give me trouble I have 275/50/15 and they look a little short from the side but I dont think my car can handle a 28" tire yet so I thought the 255 would be a better choice 27" anybody run the 255. TIA

TWISTER said:
Don't know if this will help, but I run the 255/60R15 size on the street with stock '87 rims with no issues.

TWISTER said:
Im trying to get opinions on the 255/60/15 not the 275/60/15. I think the 275/60/15 is gonna give me trouble I have 275/50/15 and they look a little short from the side but I dont think my car can handle a 28" tire yet so I thought the 255 would be a better choice 27" anybody run the 255. TIA
If you are close to Harlow Tire in Westland, they are supposed to be getting a shipment of the 255's in the end of this week. I plan on getting a set as I too feel they are a good compromise between fat 275/50 and tall 275/60. Sorry I can't give an opinion on how they perform "yet".

Mike

TWISTER said:
What brand on your current 275-50-15? I just ordered a pair of BF GR's in this size for 15x8 welds...hope I don't have any rubbing issues.

I'm pretty sure my next set will be some 255/60s. I have tried 275/50s on an 8" rim with 4" bs and they rubbed. They rubbed on the 7" stock T rims too. I have al drums too :confused: The 235s I have now fit great but I think I'm at the edge of the traction limit with them. I think the 275/60s will be too tall for me.

Back