You can type here any text you want

275/60/15 vs 275/50/15

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sonseeker

What are the advantages or disadvantages of using one of these over the other? I am planning on running them on American Racing Outlaw 2 15x8 with 3 3/4 bs.If i am right the 60's are 28" tall and 50's are 26" tall which would be close to stock height.Plan on M/T et street radials.I want the widest tire i can get without any rubbing. Thanks in advance

50's are wider & shorter quicker whole shot if cam and all is stock or a hair above good et with the stock 342 gears & mild turbo

60's are taller little more sidewall flex helps not to spin out the hole as much, will hurt your et slightly with a stock set up but you will pick up a little mph on the other end. up your cam , heads and turbo the 28's will be fine and a great top end.

i like the 50's in the 1/8 and the 60's in the 1/4 if your set up is not stock...
if its close to stock keep the 50's or the 26" tall tire. with 3.42 till you start making a little more power i'd say, but what do i know im learnin on here just as you.
i say all of this because with these two tires my brothers & i have 3 buicks & we experiment (still doing it) and we compare each others side by side pull but he has a little more power than me at the moment. he also has a front mount which may create a little lag not much but i get him out the hole every time (26")-50 but he comes around me a little before the 1/8th(28)-60.

now i do wonder what'd happen if he put my 26" on his car hhmmmm:rolleyes: :confused: he has a 212 roller i have a 202 tappet.

It will come down to if you can get the 50 to hook and 60ft. If your plans are anything into the 11's or faster then IMO, your wasting your time with the 50's.

And the 50 will RPM much higher than the 60 in 3rd so keep in mind what rpm range you are comfortable spinning it too.

Back