You can type here any text you want

#345 possibly for sale

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fasTTA707

here's the story...

my crankshaft snapped... dont know why or how... wasn't racing just driving at about 35mph and boom there it goes. the car still turns over and everything, just nothing happens (the pulleys dont rotate or anything). no fludis spilled so the block MIGHT even be salvageable but i dont know for sure because the motor is still in the car as of right now.

here's the deal.... i owe about 10,500 on my loan for the car and to rebuild the motor the way i want it done is gonna cost about 6000.... and thats money i just dont have right now. so... with that in mind plus the fact that a price is a requirement for forums like this, i'm gonna say my asking price is $10,500 OR BEST OFFER. obviously if i'm gonna still end up around 6k in the hole i'm just gonna keep the damn thing and rebuild it. so if anybody out there is looking for a good starter car for a custom built motor or something like that this would be a good starter. its clean, under 60k miles, i'd say the only things it needs (other than motor of course lol) is the front seats could be replaced or redone and a good buffing for the paint and it would be an excellent looking car.

let me know if you are interested in more info or pics and i'll do my best to answer any questions you may have. take care

A little off subject, with a little wrench turning, the car can be brought back to life for not a lot of $$$. One solution is get a GN shortblock used, swap over all the TTA stuff. Another is if your lucky, drop in a new crank.. call it a day. My buddy Jimmy had his crank snap and no damage to anything but the crank. We replaced the crank.. put it together.. its been running for over a year, with tons of visits to the track.

Dont get cuaght up on $$$$$ builds..when not always $$ necessary. Even a 10/10 NA crank will work for what your doing. Those are cheap.. a couple hundred including bearings.. plus gaskets.. plus labor. A good weekend the motor can be back on the road.

Good luck with your decisions.. until the oil pan is off.. there is no way to assess the damage.

busted crank

Hi Razor,
Good suggestions. Weird the way it broke,but could that have been caused by a wrong part? I don't know, just an idea.
Dale

Weird no.. stuff happens. maybe the crank was hurt 5 years ago.. who knows. Maybe maybe maybe.. unfortunately, this car is down..somebody is having to make payments on it.. sucks.

I know when I was do and making payments.. I had no room to breathe.

I wish him well.

Originally posted by Razor
Weird no.. stuff happens. maybe the crank was hurt 5 years ago.. who knows. Maybe maybe maybe.. unfortunately, this car is down..somebody is having to make payments on it.. sucks.

I know when I was do and making payments.. I had no room to breathe.

I wish him well.
Not really weird at all, I know of another TTA crank that snapped the same way.

Just pull it apart and see. You will probably be able to get away with just a new crank and bearings. No sense in doing a complete rebuild if it isn't needed.

Good luck.

Back