You can type here any text you want

4290 Turbo Block?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dr_frankenstein

Mad Scientist
I was offered a Buick V6, block # 25514290 for free out of some guys back yard. I ran that casting number, and most sites listed that block as a turbo block. Now, this engine didnt look like a turbo engine as it had a 2bbl dualjet intake and carb. So does this mean a turbo block with N/A stuff bolted on or a regular low performance motor?

If this turns out to be the turbo motor will it contain a rolled fillet crank?

I just ask because its a long drive and a real pain in the rear to pick it up, so I want to know if its worth the trouble!

Thanks

A.j.

Sounds like the numbers to a 79 carbed turbo 3.8, dunno what its worth or if its any good, someone outta know!

From what I see it’s a 1979 turbo block I'd pick it up just to snag the crankshaft. Should have the rolled fillet crank in it but that's about all you'd want.

Buick V6 History

got the motor home, looks decent inside... turbo crank and 2 dot rods. would make a nice base for a girlfriends ride.

Does anybody see this block as worth building? aiming for a 500HP goal with say a girdle and some aftermarket rods/pistons?

I remember someone saying the head bolts were an issue due to the threads being fully tapped .... can anyone shed some light on this? Production blocks are still new to me!

Thanks
A.j.

Back