You can type here any text you want

4th gear shudder/shake non lockup 3000 stall

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Romanturbo

I just got my car shifting good, I had the tv cable way too loose. Anyway, when the car is in 4th it will shake/shudder. when it downshifts to third or I lift off the gas it goes away. any ideas? By the way I have a 2004r from TCI with a 3000 non lockup stall also from TCI.

I hope you have better luck with the TCI setup than I had. It never really shifted right and was dead in 18 months!! The original lasted 22 years but it always had a very hard 2-3 shift.

Now I have an EA stage 2 and 3000 LU from Lonnie which is awesome.

I have an EA stage 2 and Edge lockup convertor and I'm having the same issue only in OD.

Thanks for the input guys. I only running about 8 lbs of boost, im going to turn it up see if anything changes. Maybe with more power going to the wheels something will change. That, or I'll finish ruining the tranny ( very frustrating!).

Have you verified the pressures with a gauge? I'm thinking you drove the car quite a bit with the tv misadjusted? This might have caused a lot of wear to the od clutches/steels. A lot of people "cut" the fourth apply piston to enable an additional clutch and adding 50% more clutch area.
I would think you have a slipping od and need to have that repaired.

I actually did drive the car quite a bit like that. Hey Texas T you're obviously from Texas, I live in San Marcos, so Austin and San Antonio aren't too far from me; would you know a reputable trans shop near me? Bye the way thanks for the input.

I am up in dfw area. There are several good places up here, and down there(not really any closer) is century automotive in Richmond, south of Houston. There used to be a guy named John Goebel just south of Waco that jerry Berger uses(or used) for their trans work.
I put my own together due to budgetary constraints.
Let me know if you want to dive into yours yourself . There are several people I have conversed with down your way. I can ask them to give you their info or pass yours on to them.

Back