You can type here any text you want

5.25 components - tweeter location?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

subtlt

A little faster every day
Where is the best place to mount the tweets for sound stage? Is it possible to mount a component set without drilling holes in the car?

I could mount them up in the dash where the 3.5s are, but the last TR I had like that sounded really harsh/bright. They were Altecs.

I don't want to drill any holes in the panels, and ideally would like them as invisible as possible.

Any suggestsions?

withough doing any cutting or fabricating new panels, the only 2 places I can think to mount them is in the stock dash location or suspend them above the mid when using the CSII pods (if there is enough clearance). Neither of these will yeild good imaging.

The easiest way will be to get some Q-Forms and mount the 5.25" set in it, they image pretty well. Add dome dynamat (or equivalent deadening sheets) to the backside of em and they work pretty good.

The Q-Forms aren't 'invisible', but they don't stand out TOO much. They run about $150 online.

HTH's some.

Back