You can type here any text you want

60-1

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gokada

I picked up a 60-1 from turbonetics with the exhaust adapter. It has a .96 a/r, do you think that it will work with the stock exhaust and stock heads? Do I need a smaller one?:confused:

I am using that turbo now. But the exhaust housing I have on it is a .69.

You will have a bunch of lag using that turbo and housing.

Make sure you have bigger injectors and a fuel pump for that turbo.

Good luck

3500 is quite a bit on a street car.

I would use a 9 inch stalling at 3000 and no more.

You will have quick response from the turbo.

This is just my 2 cents here.

I have a 3500, and other than giving it a little extra gas to back into a parking spot I really haven't noticed any difference from the d5 in terms of drivablity other than it runs about 200 rpm higher at 70mph.

Dont get me wrong here, I am not saying it is bad.

But I can tell you from using a 70-1 on a stock motor that a 3000 stall worked just as well.

Neither one of these would be bad. I prefer to have a converter that is a little tighter. That is all.

I've never had experience with that turbo. I'm just stating what I know about the 3500. Listen to Reggie, sounds like he knows what it takes to move that turbo!

My opinion, a .96 housing is WAY TO LARGE!!! :eek:

It sounds like your looking for street performance just by the turbo size, so ditch it.

You will not like it with that housing, just get a pte hybrid or a more normal street housing. A .96 is crazy for 60 bo. I have the pte hybrid and LOVE IT!! You will never catch someone with that on the street if he hits it first unless your on the highway and have the limiter off 128 mph in the chip. Or, a 4000 stall might help. Just sell it or swap it out.

If you just got this from turbonetics then call them back up and tell them that you ordered the wrong exhaust housing. A .96 housing is way to big, thats the kind of housing you would run if you had it on a V8 chevy or some thing. It will be a pig to spool up even with a good convertor.

Jason

Back