You can type here any text you want

68 Hemi GTX/ 64 fury wagon VS GN on DUBS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KillrV6

Former owner
well, i was out going for a ride in my buddy's GN the other night. its a pretty clean car. the only thing i TOTALLY disagree with are the 20 inch chrome IROC rims and the fact that he has no scantool's or gauges in it :rolleyes: we are rideing along on a 4 lane road when all of a sudden i hear a tremendous thunder from down under (heh heh). i look in the rear view and i see that there are about 4 big block mopar muscle cars coming up on us. we slow up a bit and i see that 3 of them are Hemi roadruners and GTX's, and one of them is a really neat red and white two tone 63 plymouth fury wagon w/ some weld racing wheels. the guys driving them all seem to be in the 45-50 year old range. we got to a stoplight finally and i look over to see a dark green 68 GTX. the big scoop on the hood says "HEMI" and this thing was PERFECT! the guy was letting his wife drive while he sat shotgun. my buddy looked over and gave them the thumb's up, roled down the window and chatted with the guy. turns out he knew the hemi guy. the light turned green and the GTX roled into the throttle. we brake boosted the GN a little and than launched after them. we caught up pretty quick ;). it was a fairly even race, with them never getting as far back as our rear bumper. i was giving them the ol' thumbs up when sudently the red and white wagon speeds up on us and weaves through until he is next to us. :D we look over and nail the throttle and the red and white wagon SMOKES us. it was brutal. at the next light i asked the guy what he had in it. he told me "383 6 pack". '
all in all it was bad ass hearing and seeing these tight mopars in action, especially the hemi!

ahh to be 15 again. never back to back race a gn, any who knows, knows that heat kills these cars, loose up to 50 hp back to back racing.

heh well the mods to his GN were kinda sketchy. it was his brothers so he did not know that much about it, but i got the jist that this is what it had: he said it had a rebuilt motor and said that it was "built for 12's :rolleyes: " which i have no idea what that meens since a stock GN motor is built for 12's. heh. it had a blow off valve, intake, exhaust, and no adjustable waste gate, and no boost gauge or any other tuneing device of that sort. all in all this could have been a low 14 sec GN and im sure that the 20 inch dubs didnt help either heheh.

OH and by the way Buickfreek, in case you didnt know, 63 or 64 Fury wagon's did not ever come with 383 6 packs. Im sure it was not a stock 383 in any way. Ive seen 383 big block's run 10's, so don’t think that hemi's are the end all to be all fastest, most all original hemi cars are mid 13 second to mid 14 second cars.
It makes sense to me since the wagon was more of a hot rod and the GTX was more of a restored rare car.

Originally posted by KillrV6
Ive seen 383 big block's run 10's

Maybe but it wasnt in a Wagon Fury. :rolleyes: If it was really a 383 in that thing it must of been heavily mod....or he just didnt had that motor and lied to you. :p

oops i think i made a mistake

when i said fury i think i said the wrong name. what is the plymouth version of the dodge polara? it was the plymouth superstocker that they put hemi's and max wedges in in the early 60's? if furry is a fullsize than it was not a fury. it was the plymouth midsize wagon.

Don't dis the 383 too much guys. There is a guy running in the outlaw circuit OSCA who is running 5.00's in the 8th. This thing sounds awsome. It's a red 2000 intrepid body. Bad ass.

I think i've seen this GN on DUBs at Irwindale. If I remeber right it was only running like mid 8's in the 1/8 (12 sec car). Nice car, not too sure on the wheels though.....

Back