You can type here any text you want

6x9 speakers won't fit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbojitsu85

The 6x9 speakers won't fit even with the adapters. I bought these 6x9 Pioneer speakers that Crutchfield said would fit with these adapters but the adapters make it an even worse fit. The problem is the tension bars of the trunk are stoping the magnet by maybe a half inch. Is there a way I can replace these for cheap with maybe some sort of shock. I would hate to have to return these speakers I got them for a good deal and I think they sound much better than the 4x10 Kenwoods. Please help with any advice. Thanks in advance.

If you're looking at doing some searching and modifying...a girlfriend of mine years ago had an '82 or so Olds Cutlass. The trunk had a gas shock mounted to the left hinge by a small bracket and therefore the tension bars were not needed. If you can find this bracket and shock somewhere, cut your torsion bars out and use this instead. Kinda trick, actually...I've thought if doing it myself.

Interesting idea!

Let's wait & see what some of the "trunk-speaker daddies" suggest when they check in with their thoughts.

:)

Back