You can type here any text you want

81 firebird 3.8

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

firebird

anyone got any info on this motor? i just bought the car..pretty decent shape..75k original..
how hard would it be to modify it and slap a turbo from maybe a gn in it?..
thanks-dan

you are indeed mistaken..82 was the first year for hte 2.8/305 motor option u also missed the 2.5 iron duke i4 which was an option from 82-84
..so anybody got some help on my 3.8?

If it is a Buick V6 the turbo stuff will bolt on. BUT since it is a N/A engine it will not have the beefy pistons or the roller fillet crank. SO play at your own risk. :)

re: Firebird

Yes you can modify your little engine. There's a lot of answers right there so look carefully. There's a place here you can make a full search by words.

Anyway if you plan to play with you 3.8 find a crank from a 4.1liter v-6 as it's the same as the GN s crank. If you stay normaly aspirated take the intake of that same engine ... it 's a full 4 Bbl intake right from the General ! With that setup it's 10 more hp. So you 'll climb to 120.

But as I 've said look carefully. There's a lot of info here on swap, parts, mods, et cetera.

Good luck with your Buick powered Pontiac ;)

does anyone think it would be unreasonable to try finding a complete motor/turbo from a maybe wrecked gn and swap the entire setup into my firebird?

Cool! Never seen one....Fred, I no longer have e-mail...just have web access at work...cell # 845-489-0520 GB

Ok, I'll call you monday Greg. I have some parts you maybe interested in.

Back