You can type here any text you want

83 T-Type Roadster

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dj83

I own a 1983 Regal Turbo T-Type Roadster. I am trying to find out production numbers for the roadster package ( fake convertible top)
I have never seen another trubo with the fake ragtop ?
Has anybody?
-DJ

Weren't a lot of those "roadster" packages offered as dealer-installed options. "Standard Catalog of American Cars 1976-1986" (Flammang) lists 2 roof options for the coupe:

Landau vinyl top ($181)
Heavy-padded Landau vinyl top ($240)

I'd love to see a pic of a roadster T.

My 83 TR has the Landua top. I bet what DJ is talking about is a full roof cover that looks just like a convertible, but isn't. Most even cover over the small opera, C-pillar windows (otherwise it would be obvious it was fake). These tops were all aftermarket and could be done to almost any car.

Thanks for responses guys,
That catalog sounds like it's wasn't a Factory Option. Even it was dealer installed does still make the car more rare or not ? I have never seen another Roadster T and don't know anyobdy who has seen one?
I bought the car in 1988 from the original owner - she told me she ordered the car that way from the dealer.

You are right -it does cover the small back window and it is a full roof cover. The car is White with Navy Roof and stock Crome Mags- it is very sharp looking.
I will have to get a picture on here for you guys.
Peace-DJ

Back