You can type here any text you want

84 old cutlass swap

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ozmossis

got a few quick questions if anyone can help?? doing a 87 transplant in a 84 olds cutlass, started on harness this weekend, on driver s side harness where fuse panel is, its same fuse panel as olds but the olds cutlass fuse panel is missing alot of stuff in fuse panel, compared to gn harness, so i know iv got to change dash harness, so dash is took completly apart now, traced as many wires as i could last nite. and it looks like the gn dash harness is about all plug and play, the only thing i can see different is where the stock gn speedo cluster plugs in, is different. i though i had a factort speeedo unit for a gn, but looked and could not find it, im not sure i can get the speedo cluster out of a gn to fit the olds anyhow, whats anyone recomend on this speedo cluster plug? going to work on car more tonight, the olds speedo cluster is all a circuit board, i may be able to tap into the gn dash harness to get all guages working but really dont want to do that if if i can get by it, but if anyone can help it would be appreciated thanks steve

Perhaps if you find the GN gauge cluster the pod it sits in would come with it, and that should be a bolt in. Or do like me and just swap the entire dash. There's a lot of wires I didn't need (power antennae, power trunk release, ect). You do have the VSS, don't you? It's necessary for the ecm to read road speed. I'm going to email you some dash harness pics.

Back