You can type here any text you want

85 GN w/ 20,000 miles $6,000

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

waldo786

This car is a nice driver and just needs some cosmetic tlc. The engine has been rebuilt about 17K miles ago and was upgraded with some things. It has 36lb injectors, forged aluminum pistons, a high volume oil pump, a new water pump, starter and a new radiator. The transmission was also rebuilt about 20K miles ago with an hd eaton posi unit and 3.73 richmond gears. It also has a transmission cooler. The car drives and shifts great, it runs very smooth. The exhuast is a mandrel bent 2.5" with ceramic coated headers and euro chamber mufflers. It also has a special switch that affects the waste gate that will allow up to 19lbs boost, but I have never used it as I don't take it to the track or use race gas. The car also has a heated 02 sensor. The car has good tires, fat ones in the rear. Dash and headliner are all good. The rear windows are tinted and it has aftermarket guages for boost, temperature, fuel metering and oil pressure. The speedo was upgraded to the 145 mph one. The car also has stereo concert sound. It has new front fiberglass bumper fillers. The trunk and undercarriage are very clean with no rusting. The cruise control works and the car has an aftermarket cold air K&N cold air intake. The car does not have a radio, the interior is in good condition except for the driver side seat has a tear in the upholstery in the top, and there is a small rust spot in the passenger side rear quarter. There is no rust in the doors. The car has all the components for A/C but there is no belt on the compressor so I don't know if it works. The car could also use a paint job and the rear bumper filler needs replaced. Attached are pics and you can email me for more at davidtrom@hotmail.com. There was roughly $6,000 of work done in this car to rebuild the engine. Recently a new high flow catalytic converter was installed on it and it is inspected, tagged and ready to go. I have all documentation for the work done, some of which is scanned in the pics. $5,995.

Attachments

• dr line.jpg
    dr line.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,186
  • pass line.jpg
    pass line.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,166
  • engine front.jpg
    engine front.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,160
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 1,155
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,148
Some more pics

Attachments

• front interior.jpg
    front interior.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,128
  • front interior2.jpg
    front interior2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,121
  • rear seat.jpg
    rear seat.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,110
  • dr side.jpg
    dr side.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 1,108
  • pass side.jpg
    pass side.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,091
A few more pics.

Attachments

• posi sheet.jpg
    posi sheet.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,068
  • engine rebuild.jpg
    engine rebuild.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,083
  • trans rebuild.jpg
    trans rebuild.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,049
  • undercarriage2.jpg
    undercarriage2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,046
  • trunk2.jpg
    trunk2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,037
Want a 97 Z/28 with Z06 wheels in trade? I have pics on another site I can send you

You've got my curiousity...where are you located and can you send me the link to the pictures? Any info you can give me on the car would be appreciated. Thanks! I'm located in DE.

Will entertain trades...would prefer something small and economical like a toyota echo, but let me know what you've got...

ttt, motivated seller...it's getting warm, only $5500 to enjoy this vehicle in the warm weather

Pinto in the Backround???

Is that a Pinto Wagon or Bobcat Wagon in the backround?? If it is, WOW... I owned 5 of those in the late 70's and 80's... great cheap beaters... used to sleep in them down in Cape Cod, MA (Summers)...Cheap fun living for a broke kid at the time!;)

Hey Spool'n Fool, good eyes! It is a 1976 Pinto Wagon, been restored with a rebuilt engine and body work done and repainted. My grandfather bought it brand new back in '76 and it's been in the family ever since. Everything is all stock just the way he had it. That was the first car I drove to school and work. Was a nice cheap beater. When gas was cheaper I could fill her up for $10. Never slept in her, but that's a great idea...plenty of room! Don't see many of these on the road anymore. :(

Yeah Man

Man, that's great! I had a 73 and 3 76's...I actually owned the same 76 twice after buying it back from a friend after him driving it for 2 years.. I never paid more than $400 for one... Great to see one around!! Enjoy it...

Of course I love my Buick better!

That's really cool about the Pinto's, they're good little cars. Great price too lol. Glad you like it!

Economy trades? My father has a 94' Corrola, clean as a whistle and great on gas. He's been wanting a GN for a while now....

Sorry, I don't think I ever responded to you, but I actually had to buy a 2001 Toyota Echo a bit ago as my daily driver crapped out on me. Thanks for the offer though.

Back