You can type here any text you want

85 takes down 5.0 and TT surpa

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

crazygn

10's here i come
MUSTANG vs 85GN
I was up the hang out last night after spending all day ceaning my car. I was not there to race but to check the other cars out. Well my brother calls me and tells me the guy that has the mustang was there [this guy road by my house and reved his car up the other day]. So i turned the boost up to 20psi and want to find him. To make it short i gave him 3 cars and beat him by 6 before i let off.The guy would not even look at me.

TT supra vs 85 gn

after racing the mustang i parked the car and let it cool down some. My brother showed me a tt surpa that was suppose to be fast. My brother asked if i wanted to run the guy for fun, so i said sure i was up for a good race. Well the guy wanted to see under the hood , i opened the hood and he was like [ what are all the pipe for , i said its a 85 , so he says all its a non intercooled one and says sure i'll race you] . So we ran from a 55 mph start, i spun the tires and he pulled a half car to about 115 mph. Then we tried at the light, i stalled up to 3000 and let it lose . The car spun 1st ,2nd , then took off, well by the time we got to the end i had about 3-5 cars on him. This was with about 30 cars watching at the hang out we were at. :D then we tried a 20mph start, i jumped him fast and he gave up. After we want back he said he does not know what it ran but he traped 114mph two years ago . This was with pump gas mix and bald street tires:D I will give it to him he had me on the top end . He told use he only had a down pipe and up pipe with stock turbos. But he had some bad lag off the light and then took off. Real nice guy and had some fun that night.

funny part- i check my car today, i raced him with my tranny mount broke off [didnt even know] and a crack on my cross over from one side to the other 1/8" wide, i thought it was my cat that i just put on.

what could i have dont with this stuff fixed and some good tires [more boost]:D

I lost a main bearing when i checked today to , but i won the race;)

was it a main muffler bearing? With a new trans mount, you wouldve beat the stang by at least 10 cars.

Good kill, one more for the hotair!

As for the other guy, a broken trans mount can cause false knock retard making the car slower and a crack in the crossover causes slow spool and throws the 02 readings off making the car run rich.

When i raced i had a broke trans mount, it was not even on the cross member. There was a crack from one side of the cross over pipe to the other and a 1/8 gap all the way around.

The bad thing is that bearing is a main crank bearing:( but hell i won]:D

When i raced i had a broke trans mount, it was not even on the cross member. There was a crack from one side of the cross over pipe to the other and a 1/8 gap all the way around.

The bad thing is that bearing is a main crank bearing:( but hell i won]:D

Didnt realize hotairs could push 20 psi w.o an intercooler. ?? Of course i AM a newb.

Maybe thas why the cars broke now? :D

Nice kill.

i run a v2 intake and power stroke intercooler on my 85 motor, its all fixed and ready to go now.:D but now iam running 24psi and et streets :eek:

Originally posted by DJay
Didnt realize hotairs could push 20 psi w.o an intercooler. ?? Of course i AM a newb.

Maybe thas why the cars broke now? :D

Nice kill.

The weird thing is with both my hotair and my dad's we could both run 19-20 psi on 92 octane with <2 degrees of retard. After he converted to the 87 motor and I threw the big turbo and intercooler on my hotair, both cars could only get away with 15-16psi.

It sounds crazy but in my experience an intercooler increases the power you make on a given octane but has no effect on how much boost you can run for that same octane.

Back