You can type here any text you want

87 gn bad starter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

asghert

turned the key and got nothing. didnt turn over at all. got indicating lights and good voltage so i pulled the eicm fuse and it gets voltage when i turn the key. while the fuse is out it after a few tries it turns over but wont start. so i put the fuse back in and after a few tries it turns over and starts after it drags a little.

I let it run for a minute to charge the battery and shut it off. Now it won't turn over no matter how much I try.

STARTER?

turned the key and got nothing. didnt turn over at all. got indicating lights and good voltage so i pulled the eicm fuse and it gets voltage when i turn the key. while the fuse is out it after a few tries it turns over but wont start. so i put the fuse back in and after a few tries it turns over and starts after it drags a little.

I let it run for a minute to charge the battery and shut it off. Now it won't turn over no matter how much I try.

STARTER?
Starter.

after making sure connections are all good and clean and it still does it i would try jumping it if it starts right up then i would look into checking alternator or battery. if it doesnt start with jump then it is probably starter

Back