You can type here any text you want

87 GN / idle woble or miss in park?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Paul Cella

ok, I have an 87 GN, mostly stock except for fuel ugrades / #30 lucas injectors / FPR / Walbro / hot wired / Cold air intake / 160stat / rjc power plate and boost controller /TT street chip/ everything is new!..

when i start it cold. it idles smooth, but after a few minutes of running... It semms to go into a idle woble, seems to be skipping or it breaks up.
However, if i put it in DRIVE... it smooths right out, also i have no issies under driving conditions.... just idle in park it bounces all around

anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

Whats your Scantool say? tell me you have a Scanmaster or such. If not thats your immediate purchase for this month! ;)

Also, is your balancer wobbling or is it the motor itself? Any weird noises?

balancer is fine. It's the motor itself....I have a scanmaster and everything has been tunned to specs....running 15lbs boost / iac is reading around 20 / tps .42 / AF around 5 / blm 127 or so / o2s WOT 820 / o2s at idle bounce around high 670 to 800.....i believe thats correct for TT chip....

Something I found out...you have to make sure you have fixed all vacuum leaks and any other mechanical possibilities before you start playing my new favorite game, "Which electrical sensor is it?" You would be surprised how many vacuum lines look fine, but leak horribly under even slight boost/vacuum. Once you confirm no vacuum leaks anywhere, I'd start checking things like plugs/wires, MAF, O2, etc... If you have no leaks, I'd suspect something electrical that is near the end of its life. Keep us posted.

Back