You can type here any text you want

87 GN Stolen - Atlanta GA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Top Speed

Don't Tread On Me
A TurboBuick of Atlanta club member had his 87 GN stolen December 2 on I-20 and exit 68 while trying to sell the car.

87GN, T-tops, blue/purple pinstripe, Amer. Racing alum. Wheels, new tires. 825BRD tag. Cobb county, Feb registration sticker.

Any information please contact Mike @ 770-633-7146
Thanks for keeping an eye out.

Yea I heard about this. Really sorry for the loss. Sounds like a really nice car too! I'll keep a look out for it. Michael

:eek: Stolen while trying to sell the car????? Does that mean he was carjacked?:eek:

I don't have all the details, I received the posted information in an email to all club members.

Mike sent me an email to let me know that the police caught the thieves, but were not able to recover the GN. :mad:

If he was dealing with a guy named "Charles", and the guys were 2 young blk males, in a blue crown vic, PM me, We lost one in Snellville last year the same way, they were from Dekalb Co, they got directions to meet me from I-20 and stone crest mall. We may have the same guys. The police know about these guys, they car jack g-bodies on test drives, sometimes throwing the owner out of the car while moving. VERY dangerous guys.
I am glad they were caught, I'd love to see if our white Turbo T shows up....

Too bad someone didn't put a .40 cal slug in the back of his head, when he drove away...Easy to find them when that happens.
Maybe a "sting" setup??
How about a 6oz chunk of C-4 under the seat? They drive away, you let them get far enuf, that you don't get hit w/ the body parts, then trigger the detonator???

My brother's GN was stolen from a north Atlanta mall (North Lake?) before Christmas. He had to take a taxi home and the driver told him 'kids' steal cars all the time and just run them out of gas and leave them. But I don't have a good feeling about it being recovered. Trying to figure out what I can do to keep mine, besides not drive it.

My brother's GN was stolen from a north Atlanta mall (North Lake?) before Christmas. He had to take a taxi home and the driver told him 'kids' steal cars all the time and just run them out of gas and leave them. But I don't have a good feeling about it being recovered. Trying to figure out what I can do to keep mine, besides not drive it.

I am doin several things to try to keep mine.....mine.
1. Quality alarm installed by a trustworthy person
2. tap into your orange computer wire under the hood w/ a pair of wires ran into the interior w/ 4 toggles inline, making them active in different positions (some up some down) to crank the car.
3. Fuel pump "hot wire" relay kill toggle somewhere else
4.My coup de gras, air ride.....slam it to the ground everytime you get out. you cant drive it away on the ground, and you cant pull it onto a flat bed if its planted on the asphalt. Once again, creative placement of the air compressor "on" switch and a tank left empty makes it much harder to steal.
Finally, get good insurance just in case someone is determined and has 20 mins to figure ut my systems.

Back